“What a terrific experience”

Ramada Plaza Portland
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Portland
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“What a terrific experience”
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I stayed here for 3-days. The receptionist Diane Peterson was so helpful and curtious.
This was my first time staying at this hotel. I needed something printed in a pinch and she was so accommodationg. It was liked I was a regular customer. I travel all the time and this was a great find. Also to memtion about the Seasons Grill, a resturant in the hotel.
The food was outstanding and cocktails made to perfection. Stop and see Briana(bartender with a smile). Here is someone that works with a passion to make your dining experience a memorialble one. A name to ask for. I would highly recomend to anyone staying in the Portland area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I confess I had low expectations, but this place was actually quite nice! It's a basic motel -- rooms just what you would expect in terms of size and layout. But it's clean, friendly, and surprisingly quiet. There is a pool (we didn't use it, so I can't comment) and restaurants close by. Great price -- we would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank travelmama15
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Easy hotel to get to right off the HWY. Good prices, clean rooms, nice pool.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank waltdawn
Hopedale, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We had a wonderful stay at the Howard Johnson’s in Portland, ME. At check in they were very busy, but took care of everyone (checking in and calling) very quickly. They gave us all the information we needed and then some. From our wireless internet code to a menu and discount for the restaurant and information on the pool and fitness center.

The room was very clean, had a king size bed, a flat screen TV, a private deck, desk, safe and a big chair to lounge in. The bathroom was clean and had a hair dryer.

The pool was big enough for laps and they have adult swim from 9 – 10 pm. There is also a hot tub that looked clean, but we did not try it out. The gym was nice and had a lot of different equipment to use. A good way to keep your workout routine while on vacation.

The location is not bad, right off I 95, and a few mile drive to downtown Portland.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kateerin
Sussex, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Stayed 2 nights in Hotel one before going to Florida and one night on the way back,when we returned from Florida the exhaust had been cut off our Honda Van in the Park and Fly Parking Lot,the hotel staff called the Police for me, when the Police officer came I was told this happens fairly frequently and I would be better off leaving my vechile at the jetport,the Police officer said that although it would cost a bit more at least my vechile would be safe and maybe it would be smart to factor this extra cost into our trip in the future.I received a couple of sorrys from the desk staff but not a word from any management people,they did give me a ride to the muffler shop the next day the total cost for my new exhaust system 1786.00

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Evady
MarkHeisler, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Portland, responded to this review, 23 May 2011
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and expense related to the theft of your vehicle's catalytic converter. While we strive to provide a safe parking environment, as with any other business or public parking lot, we cannot guarantee that nothing will happen to a vehicle in the lot. However, we have very few problems of any sort with vehicles left in our lot for a night or for several weeks for our park & fly guests. The police officer that spoke with you was just wrong if she indicated that such issues occur here fairly frequently - because they don't. The theft of catalytic converters has, unfortunately, been a fairly frequent problem in the Portland area as a whole recently (apparently the high price of Platinum has made them an attractive target). Once again, I am sorry that you were the victim of one of these rare instances at our property.
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 May 2011

We have stayed here many times and are always pleased by the quality and friendliness of the staff and the size, cleanliness, and quietness of the rooms. (The location is 1/2 mille off of Rt. 95.) In fact they have our room preferences in their database and usually can give us the same room. There is a Friendly's restaurant adjacent and it is great for breakfast. There are many great restaurants in downtown Portland, but f you like excellent and diverse Asian food there is Kon about 1/2 mile away.
One caveat, they still have one hallway with about 6 "smoking" rooms, so I would recommend that you do not stay in that hallway if you are a non-smoker.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sail54038
Embden
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Needed to catch an early flight, so stayed near the airport and took their shuttle. Able to leave our cars for 2 weeks and then call and be shuttled back to the hotel and our cars. Front desk was very helpful, rooms were clean, restaurant on site. Couldn't ask for more. I will be doing this again in September.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends