“Outstanding service,value and parking”

Ramada Plaza Portland
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Portland
Halifax, Canada
“Outstanding service,value and parking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

I'm not much of a Tripadvisor contributor but my experience with Hojo merits a few good words.Great staff, clean room, and a very generous parking policy.We drove down from Halifax N.S. stayed 1 night, were shuttled to the airport and picked up our car 20 days later with NO hassles and great staff.Got a great price on Hotwire...Happy to stay here again...thanks Howard Johnson's

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Blake H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Korean first
Palmetto, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Booked 2 rooms last minute..Prices were great,,Staff was awesome...I wish the pool would have been working,,but it was nice to sit in a nice quiet room...The front desk people were so nice and polite!! Would def stay here anytime I am in Maine again!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank theresa s
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

I had stayed at the Howard Johnson Plaza back in 2010 and had a good experience, so I took advantage of their Park and Fly package. For a very low price I stayed for two nights on the way to and from New York. The hotel provided a free shuttle to the Amtrak station and picked me up at the airport a week later. Leaving my car at the hotel for a week was also free. This is a great deal! My room was large and quiet and comfortable, and the pool was a nice bonus. Highly recommended. Particularly since you can fly Jetblue from Portland to JFK for as little as $49!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank jeffHalifax
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

WOW! I must say this was soooo surprising. The housekeeping staff are phenomenol! My room was spic and span everyday and I stayed 10 days! If they saw me outside of my room they would ask if I needed anything. How nice. The front desk really worked with me on the price because of an unexpected change in plans. They also suggested some good eats and sites in the area. VERY NICE people here. There is a cheap restaurant attached to the hotel. I ate there once and the food was great. The servers were polite and quick. Its a great area with great people. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the more amenities you get. More money but worth it!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

My recent stay at this property was a wonderful experience. I hadn't stayed in a Howard Johnson's for many years. My experience here was terrific. The front desk staff went out of their way to be of assistance and were always helpful and friendly. My room was spotless and much larger than expected. The furnishings included a reclining chair facing the TV that wasn't just shoehorned into an already small space. It is a 4-4 1/2 mile easy drive to downtown Portland and if you are willing to make that drive the $50-$75 daily savings is well worth it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Rothesay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed at Howard Johnson Plaza Portland for three nights last week. We had read the other reviews and thought it was worth a try. We were pleasantly surprised to find such a clean, well-decorated and friendly hotel. Our room had a king size bed and a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. There was no noise from the highway. Seasons restaurant in the hotel was excellent. In fact, we had dinner there twice. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who was staying in the Portland area. The price was more than reasonable compared to the other hotels in the region.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor which backed on to a small courtyard. It was very private.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Winslow Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

My husband and I stay at this hotel every time we go on a trip or just staying overnight in Portland. It is the staff that makes us come back. The place is clean and we find the place to be quiet. We now book well ahead of time because the secret is out about this hotel. Also the shuttle drivers are great and no matter what time early morning 4:30am or near midnight they are very friendly. Keep up the customer service and you'll need to add on to the place as everyone will want to stay there. Also the price is great.
The Bourassa Family