“Great service and price”

Ramada Plaza Portland
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Portland
Maine
“Great service and price”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

This place gives you comfortable lodging and free parking for less than airport parking fees. We stay here regularly. However, they exceeded our expectations when I left my iPod in the room at 4:30 am and the shuttle driver dropped us at the airport and went back to get it, all in 20 minutes. A great place to stay.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Sarah M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The reason I stayed at this hotel was because I won a name-your-own price bid on Priceline. The site called it a three-star establishment, but that rating couldn't have been more inaccurate. I was greeted by a rude front-desk employee, who was as pleasant as a prison guard and treated me like an inmate. No hello, and any question I asked had a response with an underlying tone of "why are you bothering me?" Other staffers weren't much help, either. The room lacked many amenities. The nicest feature was probably the coffee maker. There was a fairly decent restaurant attached to the hotel, and next to it was a bar where all the locals gathered for Saturday night karaoke. Fun times, but unfortunately the rest of my experience there soured my stay. Avoid at all costs, unless you're in a pinch for a room on the fly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
MarkHeisler, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Portland, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Please accept my apologies for the poor front desk service upon your arrival. Such issues are a rarity as our front desk staff members have all been with us for a number of years and normally receive rave reviews for their friendliness and professionalism. We will utilize your comments during our regular staff training in an effort to further improve our customer service. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our usual hospitality in the future.
Portland, Maine, United States
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had to rent a hotel room in our own hometown recently, when our heat went off during a cold snap. I booked this last-minute on hotwire for a really low price, so I was a little apprehensive, but it turned out to be great. The room was warm, large, and super clean, and the beds were very comfortable. I liked the real glasses & mugs - nice touch! The lobby was also very clean and cozy, and the staff was pleasant. Several reviews have mentioned that this is an older hotel, but honestly, I didn't find that to be the case. Maybe it's undergone a renovation. If you're visiting Portland and you're torn between staying in the more expensive downtown/Old Port area, save the money and stay here. It's only a few minutes drive to downtown, and the hotel is just as nice!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lkd165
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 11 February 2014

So, this is an older hotel, but the rooms have a flat screen tv, real coffee mugs(not paper cups), real glasses for beverages, comfortable chair with rollout footrest, two hotubs, an indoor pool, and two restaurants on sight one which serves breakfast/lunch and the otherwhich has lounge and serves only dinner. The hotel is just off the turnpike exit and has large parking lot for those of you who want to use their park and fly package, which, by the way, is a great deal! They have shuttle to and from the airport and if the shuttle is not available, they will pay for a taxi.
When we checked in, we did not like the location of our room, so when we called the front desk, they sent someone to us with keys for a different room and offered their apologies for our inconvenience. Now, this hotel might be older, but it is a great value and has a little bit of class when dealing with their guests.
nconvenience.Now, this hotel might be older,

Room Tip: Rooms near on/off ramp of the turnpike tend to be noisy, so if you are a light sleeper, ask for diff...
Milo, Maine
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My friend and I enjoyed every second of our stay..Great Value, clean smoke-free room...Seasons Restaurant was great with awesome service and The Egg and I had a great breakfast!! Definitely would stay again!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed one night in the Howard Johnson, Riverside Street. When we checked in, we were given our choice of rooms, picked one on the first floor. The room was clean, and the bathroom spotless. It was only the one night, but we both slept well on a nice comfy king sized bed. There are a couple of restaurants on the premises, we had a few drinks in one of them and had fun watching karoake. For the money you can't go wrong with this place.