“Wonderful”

Ramada Plaza Portland
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 18 April 2010

We had a fabulous time during our stay. The room was very clean, great size, plenty of space for us. Loved the water and snacks set up in the room for our arrival. We all enjoyed the pool and two hot tubs. Very convenient to have two restaurants connected to the hotel. No need to leave, everything you need right there. The service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, especially Mark, the General Manager. We didn't realize until two days after we were home that my son had left his video game charger in the room. We called and housekeeping knew exactly where it was and mailed it out to us the next day. We will definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to everyone. The last two hotels we stayed at we were kept up all night by the noise from other guests and had to call the front desk to complain. At this hotel, we never heard a single sound around us. It was so nice to get a good night's sleep away from home.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,745)

Reviewed 19 March 2010

Our family stay at HO/JO's sucked. I called and booked 3 rooms 2 months before our stay. I was told by the lady at the fron desk that I could book a ajoining room. When we got there the woman said that I did not have that and it was not a choice it was on a first come first serve basis. Then when I asked if all 3 rooms were next to eachother she said no just 2 of them are and the 3rd is down the hall and it is not ready yet( it was 3:30 when we checked in). Me and my family took the room that was not ready. when we got ready to go to our room i opened the door and it smelled of URINE so bad. I was on my way to the front desk when i saw a maid and asked her about it. she said that a couple had a dog in there yesterday. Clearly it URINATED on the rug. I went to the front desk and told the ladies about it. they didnt want to do anything about it untill i said that i just talked to the maid and she said there was a dog in there. Anyways they gave me a new room. It never got warm in our room the heat was a mix of warm and cold coming out of the heater(and it was loud) the shower/tub didnt drain well so you stood in 4inches of water taking a shower. And when i asked if they could put me closer to rest of my party they put me in the last room of the hall. We stayed there on Sunday and Monday. I know that most of the roooms were not occupied. The woman at the front desk were just RUDE. I will never stay at Howard Johnsons again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2010

We booked into the Park and Fly service as we were going to Florida to board a cruise ship for March Break with our teen kids. Long story short - our flights were cancelled and we had to make alternate arrangements. The shuttle picked us up at the airport and returned us to the hotel. The kids went back to the room and the staff gave us an office with a phone and computer. We were 3 hours re-arranging our flights and the staff was fabulous! We couldn't have done it without them. We made it to the cruise ship with an hour to spare. Beware - there are 2 HOJO's in Portland. We went to the wrong one first and had to turn back to find the right one.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2010

We were there using the park and fly and found the service at the hotel and with our airport delivery and pick up both excellent. We stayed both on our departure and return and enjoyed the spaciousness and cleaniness of the rooms both times. Although we did not have time to use all the facillities we did notice an indoor pool and exercise facilities. We did take advantage of the attached chain resturant for an decent breakfast.
We have already recommmended this hotel to friends who are headed to Portland for the upcoming weekend.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Good value with a good location. This was very accomodating while I was on business.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank howlandm
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Excellent hotel and has a great "Park and Fly" plan where they provide a free 24 hour airport shuttle, you can stay as little as one night and leave your car at the hotel for up to 2 weeks, then they will pick you up at the airport when you return. Hotel has lots of free outdoor parking, an indoor heated pool as well as a fitness centre. Excellent staff, very appealing lobby area with numerous eating establishments near by as well as a large grocery store.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CameronStarritt
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions over the past few years - for both business and personal visits. The front desk staff are friendly, efficient and always willing to help. I often travel with a pet and the layout of the complex makes it very easy to exit the building and there is room to run!
I have had several referrals to other local hotels but I have found that this HoJo's works great for me.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business