“Great experience”

Ramada Plaza Portland
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I was in for 3 nights was happy with the service & professionalism at this establishment, will be coming back on a regular basis, I just love the area & the hospitality

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 September 2010

This hotel was great!!! very helpful and friendly. the rooms were very very clean and fresh. the beds were decent. the towels were big and plush and had the tub had a nice shower head. this hotel was an incredible value for the money! book online to save!! thanks howard johnson for a comfy stay!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2010

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights. As a pet owner all I can say is that it was fantastic! We were given a room with a sliding door adjacent to a grassy area where our dog loved strolling. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The location is about 10-15 mintues from downtown Portland but I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel during a recent weekend in Portland. Check-in took a while because I believe they were training someone on the front desk. Once we got settled, we were very happy with our rooms. I was traveling with my mother, and we were able to get adjoining rooms, which isn't always possible. The rooms were quiet and clean. My kids loved the pool and the fitness room. Only complaint would be the location. It's centrally located, but when my son and I tried to take a walk the next morning around the area, we were disappointed with the lack of sidewalks, walk signals at intersections and crosswalks. It's definitely a car-centric location. The on-site Friendly's was nice because the kids could grab a snack when the rest of us weren't especially hungry.

I should add that I'm planning another trip through Portland (this time as a stopover on the way back from Quebec) and I was thrilled that I booked the Howard Johnson's (albeit through another website. Sorry TripAdvisor : ))

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We checked in late in the evening, we had a room with 2 double beds, the first room they gave use had as heavy smell of smoke, when we told them about it they first told use they didn't have any more double rooms, just a single with a king, after we told them we would be leaving to check into another hotel they came up with another room with double beds, which was OK. so they did take care of the situation but it took a little bit. Also when we booked the room they sent use the confirmation that stated they had a free continental breakfast, when we arrived, they didn't have the breakfast. Overall it turned out OK

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Staff is great(ask for Lyn) all was great! The restaurant was good value and the rooms were a good size, we even had a small balcony.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2010

My wife and I booked this hotel through Orbitz as a "half-way" point on our trip to Bar Harber, Maine, as well as taking an opportunity to see some friends. We felt that, of thethree places we stayed on th trip, this one was by far the best. Although reasonably priced compared to othe hotels in the area we looked at, the quality of the service and room, quiet and clean, was considerably more than one might expect for the money. It's true this hotel is a 10-15 minute ride from the Harbor area, the hotels there are considerably more expensive, and I can't imagine the accomodations could be much better than here. Parking is free, as is the 30 minutes of Internet with a terminal available in the lobby. Our friends took us on a tour of the harbor area the night we got in, and we had dinner at DiMillo's, a floating restaurant shaped like a boat, which specializes in seafood, but also does a fine job with other foods.They are connected by a hallway to a Friendly's restaurant, which we went to for breakfast the next morning, and the quality and service was also excellent. Would highly recommend all three.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple