“Very Pleased”
Review of Inn at Portland

Inn at Portland
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 10 August 2014

No complaints!!! We needed a room for a family of four on August10th on short notice and this hotel came up in our search. Every Hotel, Motel and Inn this weekend around Portland and Old Orchard Beech was booked and or $250.00 to $350.00 per night. This place was $169.00. No pool, no restaraunt, no luxuries, no big deal. The Inn is right off rte 95 and there are a bunch of restaurants you can walk to. Another note. The rooms and halls are being updated. New carpeting and the beds feel like they are brand new. I would give the Hotel a 5 rating if they had any amenities such as a pool.

Room Tip: No elevators in case you can't use stairs
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had booked this hotel and could pay at time of arrival so I planned an all cash weekend. When we got there they would not accept cash!!! Stay away from this place it is horrible! Musty smelling torn carpet in the stair ways. When we went to check out at 10 a.m. Sunday morning there was a sign on the door "leave your key in your room or slip under the door, we will be here soon. So we decided to go to breakfast and come back, we got back at 11 and there was another sign on the door if you need help call this number. Seriously this is NO way to run a business, we will NEVER be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mizprint
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I booked this hotel due to the fact that I wanted to come to Portland and get a change of scenery for night life. The outside wasn't much to look at but the inside was very clean and the staff was very friendly and accommodating, I am not sure who was running the front desk on the night of 03/08/2014 but they need some recommendation. It had a very comfortable bed. I returned from the bar at 2 am and called the front desk for some extra pillows and the gent at the front desk brought them right to me. Top notch in my book!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wkeustis
Reviewed 1 March 2014

It was dirty beer left in fridge from previous occupant. Cleankiness poor. No person to check out with the next day.i will never ever stay there again. Ialsoo would nevrr recommend it.it is overpriced compared to other options in the area. You would be better served to stay by the mall or in Freeport.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Matthew L
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I will never go to this place ever again. We ended up booking another hotel in the first five minutes of our arrival. The place stunk of mold and old tobacco and shame. This hotel makes the crack house in town seem like an upgrade. We found stains on the sheets and the blankets and dust on every crevice. The smoking rooms are right on the same floor as the non smoking rooms. My girlfriend and I still cringe thinking about it. Oh and the owner will give you hell for getting a refund.

The other reviews are no joke and please for your safety and cleanliness go someplace else!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Drew H
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I made the mistake of not checking trip advisor before I booked this place. Do not make the same mistake I made! This hotel is not a hotel, it's a moldy, horrifying, disgusting place that gives me the willies even thinking about. The moment you walk in the building it REEKS of mold. I had to take a puff of my inhaler it was so bad! The first thing I did was strip the bed to check for bugs. I had to book another place to stay, thats how bad it was! Chris the front desk clerk told me they would refund me the money unless they had to reprocess the room or there would be a 35$ charge. The only thing we touched was those blankets and they charged me the fee. You can bet your bottom dollar someone will be getting an ear full in the morning and I will get back that fee. Don't waste your time, money or health on this place. The reviews are no joke, this place is terrifying!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank livefreeordielass
Reviewed 8 August 2013

All of the bad reviews you've read are 100% accurate. This place is really beyond scary, creepy and unsafe...and the smells are so bad. This place should be condemned and is not fit to rent hotel rooms to human beings.

We made the mistake of not pre-booking a hotel room and when we arrived in the Scarborough/Portlant area and it was the only one available under $300. We arrived late and paid $99 to the couple at the front desk who were likely the owners, and they were pleasant. But the bad experienced started after they told us to drive around back into a secluded dark area and there were shady people hanging around. Think they just rent out rooms by the night/week. The place is in really rough shape....just like someone wrote, it's like a crack house. We locked the door, looked up the number for the local police and bearly slept a wink. People were knocking on a door close to ours, yelling 'let me in' throughout the night. I was sure our car would be gone in the morning. In addition to be frightened, the smell of urine in the room was so gross. Think it was cat urine in every corner and you could almost taste it. And the noise from the highway was bad. Can't stress enough that this is not a safe place to stay!!!

• Stayed: August 2013