“OMG-How can this still be open????”
Review of Inn at Portland

Inn at Portland
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 4 August 2007

This property should be shut down by the health department. Our room smelled and included bugs, a non-working phone, and a moldy ice bucket. The swimming pool was full of of trash floating in septic green water. We requested extra towels and as the clerk went to get them instead came out empty handed running from the mice. We never got the towels. I was called a liar when I reported the bugs and the mold so I delivered the evidence to the front desk in person. Avoid this property.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank dollbett

Reviewed 17 July 2007

Smelly, terrible stench. Please avoid this place. We booked online, had a terrible fight to get our money back. We would have rather slept in the car with our 2 kids then put them thru the smell and obvious evidece of mold. The front desk girl couldn't care less.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank travelalotOttawa
Reviewed 14 July 2007

Stayed there 3 nights - July 8-11
My wife & I and another couple

Friends' room smelled of beer
They found a mouse in the room the 2nd night

When they complained, they were advised to "check out if they didn't like it!"
They did eventually get another room.

The rooms are separated from the office by a parking lot, a run-down restaurant and a furniture store.

The advertised 'outdoor pool" was empty and overgrown with grass.

On a bright note, the Denny's down the street served an awesome breakfast.

I would probably not stay there again!

Signed,
East Coast Canadians.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
4  Thank TheTravellor_7
Reviewed 2 July 2007

I stayed in the place for one night.. not even a whole night. My mom's in the hospital and I needed a cheap place to stay to be close. They charged me for a two night stay and refuse to refund my money saying they have no proof that I didn't stay for two nights. How can they get away with doing something like that? They have proof that I signed a sheet staying for one night.. I don't understand. I don't know who I can turn to.

Stayed: June 2007
4  Thank zydecotrooper
Reviewed 18 May 2007

well where to start well i have stayed here before and i was not impressed. i was waiting to get be disappointed again but i was in shock still they have a new manager and she seems to care. i checked in 2 hours early i was shocked they let me and i saw people outside in the rain cleaning up all of the trash.i went down to my room the hall had a little smell of mildew but i saw two gentle man cleaning the carpets in the halls and rooms. i was in shock. the room was nice small but nice.better than the other room i had looks like she cares i hope she stays up with this place she was very polite and courtious. the rate seemed to drop from 80 to 59.99 a night on a weekend that was shocking. i stayed here for 2 days looks like they are cleaning up the place they have a dennys down the road good place to eat but seems liek they are improving the apperance and i hope they keep her as manager

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kbennett
Reviewed 8 October 2006

This hotel is located in a deceiving area........depending on what exit you take to get to it. It is one of those hotels that has been added onto and actually has a sep section in the back. Cars broken into the night we were there....several hotels in area were hit. This area has several cheap hotels and it is probably twice as expensive to go to the next level up. However spend the extra $ or book in Freeport Maine which is really quant and not that far from Portland. Alot of shopping safe and good restaurants too. Portland needs a moderate tier of hotels. Right now it's budget or expensive. Not a one of the budget hotels in PWM are safe or decent......stayed in most of them.

Stayed: August 2006
3  Thank mollyd2
Reviewed 14 August 2006

Wow I do not even know where to begin. We drove into Portland late with our sleeping children and booked a room for over $80
at the Rodeway. I kept hoping someone would hop out of our room with a camera and we were on a practical joke show.... but it did not happen. As I walked into the corridor to get to room 406 the overwhelming stench of mildew hit me in the face... it got even worse when we opened the door to our room. This was just the beggining. Th walls were filthy, there was a hole in the wall,, food embedded in carpet, missing tiles by toilet, no AC ( had a window unit but it did not work) The actual window also would not even open. The smoke detector was hanging out of the ceiling, there was a leak by the bathroom toilet that kept the floor constantly wet, No hot water.... but still after all this the stench is what I remember most. This room had obviously suffered major water damage. This was a room that should have been condemned!
The manager of the hotel would not give me a refund.

7  Thank keepitsimple