“Fantastic Hotel”

Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I go to Portland several times a year for a bit of R&R. This is a great hotel to stay at. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The front desk staff are more than helpful. All the staff are very nice here. They have underground parking and the hotel has amazing views of the bay s it is perched right at the top of Spring Street overlooking the bay and the city. It is very handy to most everything, good shopping, nice restaurants and great nightlife. I will be very honest it has been the only hotel I ever say at when i am in Portland and I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Book a room with a bay view on the backside of the hotel you will never regret it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Graydon D
Management3, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you so much for the glowing review. We strive for the ultimate in guest experience and we are glad that we have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This hotel is right smack in the middle of the Arts section of Portland. Loved the food and the room was very clean. It has it's own parking garage for patrons and shuttle service that will take you wherever you need to go. We just left our car and walked downtown. Would I stay here again ABSOLUTELY. Another great thing was the pillows. You actually got a great pillow here. Better than the rest of the hotels we've stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

We are pleased that your stay was a pleasant one and you took advantage of all that Portland has to offer. Please hurry back to our city and our hotel!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Room had bed-bugs. We advised the front desk and supervisor. all they did was offer another room. Decided to stay at another property instead and now dealing with a hotel room charge we cannot get resolved.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank line5
Management3, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

We have had the room thoroughly checked by our extermination company, and a clean report has been provided to the employer contact. We apologize for the disruption to your night. There was never a charge put through on the credit card. It could be the amount that is authorized at the time the credit card is swiped at check in, in which case your financial institution should be releasing that hold. Thank you for providing us with this information.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I am in Portland multiple times a year, and this hotel has become the only place I'll stay. For it's price range, it truly can't be beaten (definitely try to request a Bay View Room, if possible). This place has super clean rooms (with a Keurig!!), comfy beds, incredibly friendly (and honest[see below]) staff and a great location that is in close proximity to much of Portland.

I have interacted with multiple staff members at this hotel. Every person I've encountered has been incredibly friendly, efficient and genuinely interested in assisting patrons. The lounge in the lobby, despite a slightly 'stuffy' seeming decor is a great place to relax with a cocktail (or snack) before heading out into Portland. I've only had breakfast in the restaurant--but that is pretty good!

Though it is a slight walk to many of the attractions in town, remember there is a courtesy shuttle. Or how great the sea air feels during a walk! :)

Also, just to share a personal story from my last visit that sealed my confidence in this place; About 1 hour into my 3 hour drive home, I realized I had left a rather significant sum [to me, at least] of money in my in-room safe. Although I had resigned myself to the fact that this money was probably lost, I called the hotel. The manager on duty went into my room, found the money, called me back and told me she would mail it to me---all in the course of under an hour. I'm still in shock, but incredibly grateful.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a bay view have an awesome view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Greg P
Management3, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

We very much appreciate the reviewer posting these compliments. They will be shared with the entire staff. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at this Holiday Inn for one night. The room was perfect and comfortable. It had a refrigerator, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, and a big TV in the room. We enjoyed a drink in the lounge at night and great breakfast in their restaurant. The courtesy shuttle driver, John, was great and recommended a restaurant called J's on the waterfront. He dropped us off and picked us up after dinner. The restaurant was perfect. Upon check out they offered us a bottle of water for our drive home which we thought was very thoughtful. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Spudzie

Thank you very much for the glowing review. We are pleased we will be your hotel of choice, and look forward to your return

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

We wanted to be closer to Old Port, but this hotel was a close enough walk. The hotel is lacking in real atmosphere, but is clean, the bed and room were comfy, parking was free, service was good. Overall pleasantly surprised, and would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear mdun,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Thank you again for your comments.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

They said they had a quota to fill on smoking rooms so I couldn't get a non smoking room. The room smelled horrible as you could imagine. The hallways looked dated and the rooms were a little better. The hotels in the area are pricey but I expected more from holiday inn for the location.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Turtle3469,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is regrettable that this visit was not 100% satisfactory due to the condition of the room that you were given. This is definitely not up to standards and we will use your comments to improve on our efforts.

Despite this, we do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Pam G