Just because it's vintage 60s style doesn't mean it's not a good option. I have resisted staying here in the past because when I visit Maine I want to absorb Maine atmosphere at the hotel as well. But this time I thought it would be nice to try the bay view since no other accommodations in Portland offer these great views. Unfortunately, there was nearly zero visibility due to the snowstorm, but the views were still quite pretty anyway. Worth the slight bit of extra money!
The rooms are fine! Beds are very comfy. I am sure that if you want to spend your vacation time crawling around on the floor looking for dis colorations, you could find something to complain about, but nothing a casual glance unveiled.
The service is friendly. There's a courtesy shuttle that is pretty much always available to take you anywhere in town, and goes to the airport too. The food at the lounge was vg- at least the flatbread pizza to order was. Nice bartender!
I'm a convert and will try it again. I liked it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit the historic, exciting and alluring waterfront City of Portland, why not stay in the midst of it? Award-winning hotel with elegant decor and spectacular views. Just steps away, the Old Port thrives with unique shops, diverse restaurants and a working waterfront. Turn the corner and Portland's new Arts District surrounds the Hotel with the art museum, Children's Museum, galleries and historic homes. The L.L. Bean Factory Outlet Store and Civic Center are only a block away! Jetport is 10 minutes away; courtesy vans are available. Choose from Executive Rooms, Suites and Double/Double Rooms. For your meetings and conventions, let us show you our 14,510 sq. ft. of meeting space and our 12,500 sq. ft. exhibit hall. Our convention coordinators will handle all of your meeting details, including spouse tours and island lobster bakes! Let us show you the pleasure of business in Maine, BY THE BAY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay Hotel Portland
- Portland Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay Maine