Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay
US$110
US$244
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Plaza Portland(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$164
The Westin Portland Harborview(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$156
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Clarion Hotel(Portland)
US$117
US$107
ClarionHotels
Portland Harbor Hotel(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$163
Official Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$223
US$195
Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$209
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
1,164 results
All reviewsbay viewold portcivic centerwithin walking distancefree shuttleshuttle serviceparking garagekeurig coffee makerart museumcasco bayfront desk staffrooms are cleanhotel restaurantindoor poolhotel shuttlefew blockscongress street
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here one night and the service was good, we had a bay view room and it was amazing, we could see the all of downtown, and had a great view of the bay and bug light lighthouse. It is close to everything and well worth the money. I would stay again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Versace T
Management3, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

We are delighted you were pleased with your stay. Thank you for posting your commets. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here on a fairly quick overnight with work. Not a 5 star hotel, but comfortable, clean and an extremely friendly staff. Free hot chocolate and coffee in the lobby is a nice touch. The only issue I would note is that the heater was a bit noisy and woke me during the night. Walking distance to the Old Port, but they also offer the shuttle if you wish (I walked...is was a beautiful afternoon!). Great little shops, restaurants and pubs everywhere. I will definitely return to Portland and this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Catherine L

We are always pleased when first time visitors enjoy our beautiful. Thank you for sharing with others, and thank you for choosing Holiday Inn for your stay.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I've probably stayed at the Holiday Inn by the Bay close to a dozen times. The location is great, and they offer a complimentary hotel shuttle anywhere within Portland city limits. It's one of my favorite spots for a fairly inexpensive weekend getaway.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

We value our repeat guests and are grateful you posted your comments for others to see. We look forward, as always, to your return.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We always stay here while in Portland as it is within easy distance to the Arts District and Portland Art Museum especially. There are also several good restaurants in the vicinity. In nice weather, it is a pleasant walk into the downtown area and Old Port District. Another plus is the convenient parking garage. Even though there is a $10 charge per day, it is worth it. It is self-parking and located right next to the hotel with indoor access. Parking is difficult in Portland and other hotels with parking tend to have valet parking only.
The hotel is a little dated but seems to be well maintained. Rooms and public areas are clean. It is worth paying extra for an upgraded room if you want lots of space. These rooms have a large sitting area with sofa plus dining alcove with table and four chairs. There is also a small kitchen with sink as well as a microwave and fridge. Large closets and lots of drawers provide plenty storage space. It truly is a suite that could be used for a longer term stay.
We have been equally happy with the rooms that are one grade lower which are quite spacious even though they don't include the dining area.
Windows are large and the views can't be beat especially those facing the bay. The city facing views are not bad either. The heating/cooling system is relatively quiet regardless of floor and works well. Staff are friendly and efficient. The only complaint would be about the beds. I'm a bit fussier than my husband so I found the beds and pillows rather lumpy. Fortunately, the bed is soft enough for my taste. I think the mattresses and pillows need to be replaced.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the largest. Even numbers face the bay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate your review, and are pleased to tell you that we now have completely new pillows in all of our rooms. The mattresses are not of an age for replacement. If yours was uncomfortable we apologize. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

When I stay somewhere I am not looking for extravagance I am not there for the Hotel. Most amenities mean very little to me. So what I am looking for is simple. I want to feel comfortable and safe and be treated like I am paying to stay there. As well we were only here one night. This Hotel was friendly clean comfortable the employees went out of there way to provide excellent service. The room while standard was very clean and very well maintained. We arrived two hours before check-in and were allowed to check-in with no hesitation. The Shower which is what I feel should be a main point in a Hotel review was one of the best. Water was as hot as you can stand and plenty of pressure. Though the Hotel is within walking distance the on call shuttle to downtown and back was awesome. The driver was friendly and ready to take us wherever we wanted to go. We walked downtown during the day and used the Shuttle in the evening, even in a snow storm we were picked up promptly. I would stay here any time I am in Portland.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

We are pleased you took the time to share your compliments on our accommodations and staff. We look forward to your return