We made last minute reservations here after a horrifying reserved room at another Hotel. We arrived and wow, what a room. They have a huge TV in the room, lots of pillows, clean, with awesome coffee maker. Very clean and modern. The beds were very comfortable. Best nights sleep at any hotel in a long time. The pool is nice but no jacuzzi. They have a gym and a sauna. We ate breakfast in their restaurant, great food and service. Husband went to lounge for drinks and he said great service there.
They have a shuttle service, we parked our car in the garage and left it there during our two day stay. We used the shuttle several times; other times we wanted to just walk and take in all the places to see, eat, and enjoy.You do have to give them a time like if you want to go somewhere. We went to Peaks Island downtown- but we reserved a time the day before. They took us and picked us up (we called them when we arrived and they were like 10min to get to us)...which was fine.
The service was great- and staff all very friendly and professional. There is a children's museum across the street which my son took his daughter too- and said it was really neat.
They only thing I didn't know when I checked in was 10.00 a night for parking in the garage. But the location and shuttle service was well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit the historic, exciting and alluring waterfront City of Portland, why not stay in the midst of it? Award-winning hotel with elegant decor and spectacular views. Just steps away, the Old Port thrives with unique shops, diverse restaurants and a working waterfront. Turn the corner and Portland's new Arts District surrounds the Hotel with the art museum, Children's Museum, galleries and historic homes. The L.L. Bean Factory Outlet Store and Civic Center are only a block away! Jetport is 10 minutes away; courtesy vans are available. Choose from Executive Rooms, Suites and Double/Double Rooms. For your meetings and conventions, let us show you our 14,510 sq. ft. of meeting space and our 12,500 sq. ft. exhibit hall. Our convention coordinators will handle all of your meeting details, including spouse tours and island lobster bakes! Let us show you the pleasure of business in Maine, BY THE BAY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay Hotel Portland
- Portland Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay Maine