At check-in we were given a small paper bag containing not only a map of the city (very helpful) with the requisite advertisements, but also a bottle of water, a bag of chips, and two cookies. At other times there would be snacks and fruit in baskets on the reception counter - just as we would return from dinner and realize we need something sweet. And when we were checking out, the lady asked us if we needed some water for the road. We did, actually, so she gave us two bottles of cold water! Add that to the fact that we had a nice large room with a huge window overlooking the bay and easyly walked to all the tourist attractions and restaurants, and I won't rate this hotel anything but exellent. Yes, the A/C in the room was loud (still a lot quieter than at my home) and guys at the front desk were somehow unaware that there were places to get food within a walking distance that were open at 11PM (there were), but I refuse to let it affect my overall very good impression. All because of those little things they didn't have to do, but they did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit the historic, exciting and alluring waterfront City of Portland, why not stay in the midst of it? Award-winning hotel with elegant decor and spectacular views. Just steps away, the Old Port thrives with unique shops, diverse restaurants and a working waterfront. Turn the corner and Portland's new Arts District surrounds the Hotel with the art museum, Children's Museum, galleries and historic homes. The L.L. Bean Factory Outlet Store and Civic Center are only a block away! Jetport is 10 minutes away; courtesy vans are available. Choose from Executive Rooms, Suites and Double/Double Rooms. For your meetings and conventions, let us show you our 14,510 sq. ft. of meeting space and our 12,500 sq. ft. exhibit hall. Our convention coordinators will handle all of your meeting details, including spouse tours and island lobster bakes! Let us show you the pleasure of business in Maine, BY THE BAY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay Hotel Portland
- Portland Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay Maine