Clarion Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Room Service
All reviewsroom was cleanold portfront desk staffpool and hot tubomeletconvenient locationshuttle servicefree shuttlecoffee makercookiesdowntownamtrakmainesurgeryproximity
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in April 2013. The first desk staff was very friendly and helped us fix a botched Priceline reservation (will never use Priceline again!) and got us into a room quickly. They even gave us candy! The rooms were comfortable--a little noisy, but clean and well-maintained. I was a little concerned about the distance to the Portland Old Port area, but it was a $10 cab ride each way and ended up working out well. It was definitely worth saving the extra money by staying farther away.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My cousin and I stayed here for 3 nights. We were greeted by a welcoming staff and well kept lobby. The decor is a bit more out-dated, but still homey. The room itself was nicely kept and comfortable. We had difficulty with the toilet at first because it kept running and creating noise. My cousin fixed that. Then, when I used the shower, I noticed the water did not drain correctly; however, I asked the following day for it to be looked at. By the time we returned, the bathtub drained perfectly. The beds were comfortable. Some things I noticed were: stained bathtub, no venting in bathroom, air conditioner/ heater in poor shape (smelled when turned on, broken vent, loud), and warm temperature of fitness room. The breakfast buffet is $8.95 and worth it. They have a chef make eggs, omelets and waffles (which are delicious). A great range of food for a good price. I enjoyed my stay at Clarion, but I do not know if it would be my first pick if I visited the area again. The location to the airport is great, as well a the free shuttle/taxi service there. My biggest complaint is the loudness of the cleaning service. The maids were very loud and not very pleasant. Those who worked up front made the trip a better experience. Overall, this was an enjoyable stay, but I am not sure if it will be my first choice next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tina C
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Clarion when visiting Portland with our dog. The hotel is clean and comfortable. They choose to put those with dogs on the first floor which makes walking the dog easy. Rooms are on the small side. Bathrooms small without ventilation but for a short stay this is a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Greg M, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Thanks Bobbili! We appreciated having you and your dog with us. We believe that pets are so much like family we do not even charge a fee.

Thanks for staying with us and for making time to share your experience.

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

At the conclusion of a week in the Northeast we were worn out with driving, leaf peeping and shopping. We just needed a nice night of rest prior to our flight home. The Portland, Me Clarion Hotel was perfect. Very well maintained, clean comfortable room and so very close to the airport. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thanks Jim B! We appreciate the fact that you made the time to share your experience. I'm happy to read that we were able to help you relax before your trip home. Our proximity to the airport and downtown make this both convenient and affordable.

Thanks again and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We enjoyed our stay when bringing our son to MEPS to ship out for the Army. All new recruits stay at this hotel and it is very convenient when family stay here too. The food in the restaurant was very good and good prices. The recruits get meal tickets to use for their meal, paid for by the Army. Quiet and clean rooms at an affordable price. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Right beside the train station too. Very convenient!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much Brenda-Maine! We are happy we could host you and your son before he goes off to serve his country. We know that it is hard for families and are proud to do what we can to make everyone feel at home.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for making the time to share your experience.