“Great location and special offers”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This hotel has a great location in Portland. Close to hospital, airport, good restaurants and offers special rates and free shuttle. I needed to be in Portland close to the hospital and during a stressful time I could stay in a nice clean hotel, nice friendly and helpful people, good food and peace of mind. They offered an incredible rate and I could ride back and forth on a free shuttle stress free. I slept in a comfortable bed and everyone was so helpful and friendly I felt like I was at home. I recommend this hotel even if you don't need to use their special offers. I would stay here again just to enjoy beautiful Portland and a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
shawnmgray, Food and Beverage at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Lauren,

Shawn M. Gray
Food and Beverage Supervisor
Clarion
(207) 774-5611

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel was acceptable, allowed my 35 lb. Black lab puppy, but had to pay more. The hotel was semi clean, track of dog pee in the entrance. DO NOT GO HERE IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A COT! I had to sleep on a deflated air mattress. Ruined the trip sorta. One waitress by the name of Allysa I belive is incredibly nice. Only reason I'd go back. Again, only go here If your desperate for a hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nick C
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Customer service was great. The hotel is older and aged a bit. The hotel appears to only have one elevator and long waits sometimes happens. The room was nice and bed comfortable. The cable was not good in room 509. Had static on every channel. The tub and sink had VERY slow drains. I have stayed there twice and would stay there again. The hotel has a restaurant downstairs. I did eat there. The food was average but it did keep me from driving out somewhere.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at the Clarion this past weekend. As past reviews for this hotel will show you, the customer service here really is excellent. The staff goes out of their way to accommodate your needs and answer questions. The location is great, there was ample parking even at the height of tourist season, and we were happy to take advantage of the the free wifi, fitness center and downstairs hot tub. Overall, it was very much worth the price, especially when compared to rates of other hotels at this time of year.
That being said, part of the reason we were so satisfied with our stay is that we'd already adjusted our expectations based on past reviews -- the comments about the creaky elevator and musty smell of the rooms are true, and we had the general feeling that the place is understaffed and in need of a renovation. But again, overall, we would still recommend the Clarion to anyone looking for a comfortable, pleasant and affordable stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The staff really makes a difference staying at this hotel. The hotel itself is very good, room was clean, and pillows were outstanding! Kudos to who trains the staff. I stay in lots of hotels, but this one rates way up there. Every time I passed an employee in hall, elevator, or at desk, they went out of their way to make sure I was welcome. If I named one employee it would be unfair to all the others!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graham B
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff was amazing! They really went out of their way to accommodate me and my family. I was hesitant at first with the name but the lobby was clean, warm and not what I expected. My kid's loved the pool and I loved that it was only a short drive down town. The front desk agent Dan told me some nice places to check out down town. The breakfast isn't included but it was a surprisingly great buffet! I had an omelet prepared and my kids made waffles. Happy Kid's=happy dad Thanks guys keep up the good work!

Room Tip: I had a room on the 6th floor it had great views of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sam J
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Came in late at night, they were so very kind and helpful. The night desk clerk, the sales manager and the desk clerk in the morning were all wonderful ! They went out of their way to accommodate the large family that we are and gave us great rates on 2 rooms. Breakfast was wonderful and all fresh, the fruit, eggs, bacon and omelets were great ! All free and included in our room price.
Will definitely stay there again next trip to Portland. I usually stay elsewhere but we will be a loyal customer for life now !!
Pool was clean and warm and the room was clean and well stocked.

The only suggestion I have for them is that even though the bedding is new and modern ..the mattress was not the best. Also please upgrade to FULL size pillows. The little ones are cute but not very comfortable to sleep on.

Room Tip: We were on the main floor and liked that, the pool and the restaurant are all on the main floor as...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family