“exquisite vegetarian food!”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Asian-inspired cuisine made with love.
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have spent a great deal of time in Thailand and SE Asia and am very aware of what is good or bad thai food. The food here is AMAZING! Having a restaurant that is purely vegetarian really appealed to me and gave it an authentic asian vibe. I ordered the panang vegetable curry and between the table I also tried the pad thai, chinese brocolli and spinach noodles. All the dishes were beautiful with a great size portion. You could request the spice level of your dish which was great. This restaurant is definitely comparable to restaurants in asia, and knowing it was all natural and vegan made it even more enjoyable. I'm from England and enjoyed trying the blueberry soda which is something we don't have! The decor is great and sets the mood for the experience. Service was fantastic and we felt very welcome. This was a final goodbye meal with friends and it was the perfect place for such an occasion. If I return to Portland, I will definitely make a trip back here!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Looking for a restaurant in Portland is pretty easy, there are loads of great ones! My wife and I wanted to go with a healthier option last weekend so chose The Green Elephant, and we were not disappointed. Menu was full of options, all looked pretty darn good. Prepared and presented in a wonderful way. For starters we had the Spring Rolls and the Fried Oysters (don't worry vegans, they were oyster mushrooms) and both were outstanding. We recommend it highly, and though we love vegetables, we are not strict vegetarians; you'll find something you like so long as you have an open mind and are not an unyielding carnivore. By the way, the staff at TGE are really nice as well, we had a 20 minute wait and said we were going next door for a quick one (a great bar is there, but that's for another review - and it will sort of take the healthy eating component out of the picture!) they told us to take our time if we need to finish our drink(s). Anyway, enjoy The Green Elephant, you won't regret your choice!

1  Thank Scout1970
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I went to Green Elephant for lunch with a friend because it was close to her office. Now all I want to do is go back again and again. I had a simple peanut curry made with winter vegetables. Spectacular taste. Lovely presentation, great atmosphere, excellent service.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I was visiting my sister in Portland, and had an amazing meal at this restaurant. The service was very friendly, the atmosphere is great, and the food is unbelievable. I've been a vegan for 8 years, and have missed Pad Thai very much. I was delighted to have vegan Pad Thai!!

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I'm a committed meat eater and the Green Elephant is very high on my favorite's list. The food is so refreshing crisp, fresh and flavorful that meat would be a heavy distraction. The steamed spring roll are a true delight. You can get spicy on five levels, 1 to 4 and 9-1-1! I loved the middle ground.