“Good value in a traditional, older hotel.”

Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Presque Isle
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised to find a nice place to stay that had a good restaurant off of the lobby, and had good service overall at a reasonable price. Access to the health club downstairs, included with the room, makes cardio machines, weight machines and free weights available, plus a pool of decent length.

• Stayed: August 2013
KBSHOSPITALITY, Owner at Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and sharing your comments with others. It pleases me knowing that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as our properties Amenities. Knowing you have many choices to stay in the county, we thank you for your patronage and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I spend probably 30-40 nights a year in motels, hotels and lodges between work and leisure travel in the Northeast and Canada. I've stayed in some really nice places, and some really lousy places. Whenever I'm in Presque Isle though, this is the place to stay.
Yeah, some of it is a bit tired, but the rooms are very spacious, the beds are comfortable, the Wi-Fi never fails, and the staff is great. The rooms are unfailingly clean, and nicely done up every day when you're there for a while. Excellent western views from the rooms on that side.
The restaurant is fine. I've haven't been to the bar recently, but it used to be quite a place when I was younger and more foolish. Now I appreciate that it is nicely separated from the rooms, so unless you're interested you'd never know it was there.
Plus they just don't make 'em like this any more. I enjoy a nice new Hampton Inn as much as the next traveler, but every once in a while it's nice to stay at a funky traditional hotel. This place is well worth a try.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bob M

Bob M,
It was a pleasure reading your review. Thank you for taking the time out and letting us know that even the Classic’s still rate high. Yes we are a classic, but all our upgrades and renovations are done with you , our customer in mind. We take pride in being able to offer clean, comfortable and updated rooms at an affordable price. Yes, they don’t make’em like us anymore, but we promise to keep the Classic just the way you like it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

After driving 7 hours, looking for a room at 11:00 PM is not easy. Walked in and was nicely greeted and asked for a room for a trip suddenly taken. No problem, given corporate discount per work based travel and had a nice clean room and very clean bathroom. Noisy air conditioner but that didn't make much difference after long travel. Continental breakfast was ok. Choose not to dine light. For a quick crash it was better than one can ask for.

Room Tip: I had a no smoking room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Steven B
I am glad the after driving 7 hours we were able to give you the rest you needed. It is our goal that all our customers have an affordable clean, comfortable and restful stay. Hopefully on your next trip, you will be able to spend more time with us and enjoy all our properties fine amenities. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you back our way again.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

What a HORRIBLE hotel! It's so old and so dirty I almost didn't stay. The only reason I did is because I was so tired I didn't want to lug everything back out to my car to go to another hotel.

The first thing I heard on check-in was someone over the radio calling for maintenance to go fix an overflowing toilet in one of the rooms. That should have been my warning sign to leave. The toilet in my room didn't overflow but it BARELY flushed and it randomly kicked in and filled with water every 10-20 minutes all day and all night! And it was LOUD! It woke me up 3 or 4 times until I finally got out of bed and went and shut the water off.

The walls are paper thin! I heard everything my neighbors were saying and doing.

The pool is disgusting! They have a change room and sauna, but the sauna doesn't work and it smells like urine so even if it did work you wouldn't catch me going into it!

I will NEVER stay in this hotel again! For what they're charging you would think they could put some money towards maintenance and repairs! Even the outside of the hotel looks run down and junky!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Ben P
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I believe I will try the Hampton Inn Presque Isle if I'm in Presque isle again. the rooms were ok, no elevator, lots of stairs, broken shower head.. Nothing major. No bugs or anything extreme. Front desk clerks were not helpful at all, very rude actually.. not worth the $110 we paid for the night. Convenient location though, near restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erin506
Reviewed 22 March 2013

The hotel is okay for the price,the rooms are a bit dated and worn. Cleanliness is average.The staff is very friendly and attentive to your needs. The only thing I found annoying is the analog, tube tv's .

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank woodmaster54
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We had another great stay at Presque Isle Inn. The staff is warm and friendly. Rooms are clean. Restaurant has great food. And Richie in the bar is awesome. We come up here several times a year to snowmobile and we wouldn't stay anywhere else. The groomed trail goes right through the property and there is 24 hour fuel next door and of course the trails are the best in the northeast.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank rindgerider
KBSHOSPITALITY, Owner at Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

It pleases me to receive such an inviting review. I wish to thank you for your review and your continued Patronage. Being a long established independently owned and operated hospitality property in the County, It is our goal to give back to our customer’s 100% satisfaction and it sounds as we have. We look forward to have you back as our guest. I have posted your review for all our staff to see.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Presque Isle
#2 of 2 in Caribou
The Castle Inn
The Castle Inn
#1 of 4 in Perth-Andover

Been to Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center? Share your experiences!