“Would recommend if in the Presque Isle area.”

Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Presque Isle
Portland, Maine
“Would recommend if in the Presque Isle area.”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed many times during the month of September 2013 and was well worth the value. The hotel is older but clean and has recently been renovated. The staff is excellent and very friendly. One night our TV did not work and we were quickly moved to another room across the hall. There is an indoor pool and a nice fitness center. The restaurant serves fine Italian fare and serves a continental breakfast in the morning. I have stayed in two other hotels in the area but recommend Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms on the other side from the parking lot. Many contractors leave early in the morning.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Maine_Traveler6057
KBSHOSPITALITY, Owner at Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
I'd like to thank you for taking the time out to review our Property. It pleases me that you enjoyed your accommodations and our property amenities. It is our goal to offer our customers comfortable clean and affordable accommodations. Thank you for noticing the continued upgrades to our property. We look forward to having you back as our guest.
Kevin B Simmons
Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Hotel is nice. The staff was very friendly. However, the lack the NFL channel. I was planning to watch the Thursday night game in the bar and was disappointed. Cost the bar the price of my beer tab as I had to find another viewing location.

Stayed September 2013
KBSHOSPITALITY, Owner at Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Kevin P,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It pleases me that you enjoyed your accommodations and we thank you for your Patronage. I have posted your review so the staff can read it. This is always great for our staff to know they are appreciated. I apologize that we lost your beer tab during your stay, thank you for brining this situation to our attention. Upon researching the situation, we found out that our provider has changed programming options in September. We are working with the vendor as we speak and hopefully will have this remedied by next week.
Thank you again, we look forward to serving you on your next trip to the County.
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I am determined to let others know of our very negative experience at this "hotel" on August 3, 2013.
We had nowhere else to stop at 1:30 am., this was simply one of the dirtiest hotels I have ever seen and I have travelled to many countries. If we hadn't been so exhausted, we would have kept driving. The carpets and furniture were stained, there were hairs in the tub, it smelled, the comforter hadn't been washed in a LONG time. The mattress was like sleeping on rocks and the smelly pillows, were paper thin.There were stains on the peeling wallpaper, the faucet was coming off. I wanted to complain, but my family just wanted to get out. There were black "flakes" in both of the beds. It was disgusting! We paid $135 for the night, we were completely ripped off. I literally would have slept in my car rather than stay here. KEEP DRIVING!!!!! Why aren't there 0 or -0 ratings on this site?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Jan013
KBSHOSPITALITY, Owner at Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
I am sorry to have learned that you were so dissatisfied with your stay. We strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations as well as exceptional customer service to our valued guests. Both verbally upon check-in, as well as with a sign posted in every room, guests are encouraged to alert us to any concern or problem that they may have. As you never reported any of you complaints to our front desk clerk or on-site manager, you never gave us the opportunity to remedy your issues. I can assure you, we could have easily and quickly moved you to another room had you communicated your concerns with us.

Upon reading this review, as well as the previous one that had been posted and then deleted, there appeared to be several discrepancies and inconsistencies with your complaints. Regardless, I thoroughly reviewed your issues, and while I was unable to find evidence of several of them, the issues I was able to identify have been immediately remedied. Again, I apologize that you were displeased with your stay and appreciate your feedback. Our hope, however is that any guest that is unhappy with their accommodations will immediately communicate their issues with us, giving us the opportunity to address their concerns and provide them with a more pleasant and satisfying experience at our property.

Travellers are raving about these Presque Isle hotels

Dresden Mills, Maine, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Like the saying goes; "If you come to Maine not looking for much, you will find a lot". Although this hotel is older, it holds much value inside. The staff is exceptionally friendly. The rooms are clean, up to date and comfortable. They have an indoor pool and a real fitness center. Their Italian restaurant features excellent fare and their lounge is well stocked.

I can go to a newer fancy hotel anywhere and get a bottle of water and a snack and pay considerately more for "points", or I can stay here and get a great value and feel at home. When I come to Presque Isle, this is my place!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
KBSHOSPITALITY, Owner at Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Jim P,
Thank you, I am pleased to read such a wonderful and complementary review. I have posted this for all the staff to see. It is our goal that all our guests have the same positive experience that you have posted. We are here for our guests 24 hours a day, so that everyone may share this same experience. As an independent hotel we strive in listening to our customers and make needed changes as we can. Gram Russo’s Restaurant is one of the TOP Restaurants in the area, thank you for dining with us. We look forward to your returning to your Home away from Home. Please stop by and say hello on your next trip to the County. Thank you again for taking your time out to write this review.
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised to find a nice place to stay that had a good restaurant off of the lobby, and had good service overall at a reasonable price. Access to the health club downstairs, included with the room, makes cardio machines, weight machines and free weights available, plus a pool of decent length.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and sharing your comments with others. It pleases me knowing that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as our properties Amenities. Knowing you have many choices to stay in the county, we thank you for your patronage and look forward to serving you again soon.

Bath, ME
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I spend probably 30-40 nights a year in motels, hotels and lodges between work and leisure travel in the Northeast and Canada. I've stayed in some really nice places, and some really lousy places. Whenever I'm in Presque Isle though, this is the place to stay.
Yeah, some of it is a bit tired, but the rooms are very spacious, the beds are comfortable, the Wi-Fi never fails, and the staff is great. The rooms are unfailingly clean, and nicely done up every day when you're there for a while. Excellent western views from the rooms on that side.
The restaurant is fine. I've haven't been to the bar recently, but it used to be quite a place when I was younger and more foolish. Now I appreciate that it is nicely separated from the rooms, so unless you're interested you'd never know it was there.
Plus they just don't make 'em like this any more. I enjoy a nice new Hampton Inn as much as the next traveler, but every once in a while it's nice to stay at a funky traditional hotel. This place is well worth a try.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob M
Bob M,
It was a pleasure reading your review. Thank you for taking the time out and letting us know that even the Classic’s still rate high. Yes we are a classic, but all our upgrades and renovations are done with you , our customer in mind. We take pride in being able to offer clean, comfortable and updated rooms at an affordable price. Yes, they don’t make’em like us anymore, but we promise to keep the Classic just the way you like it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Berlin, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

After driving 7 hours, looking for a room at 11:00 PM is not easy. Walked in and was nicely greeted and asked for a room for a trip suddenly taken. No problem, given corporate discount per work based travel and had a nice clean room and very clean bathroom. Noisy air conditioner but that didn't make much difference after long travel. Continental breakfast was ok. Choose not to dine light. For a quick crash it was better than one can ask for.

Room Tip: I had a no smoking room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Steven B
I am glad the after driving 7 hours we were able to give you the rest you needed. It is our goal that all our customers have an affordable clean, comfortable and restful stay. Hopefully on your next trip, you will be able to spend more time with us and enjoy all our properties fine amenities. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you back our way again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Presque Isle
#2 of 2 in Caribou
The Castle Inn
The Castle Inn
#1 of 4 in Perth-Andover

Been to Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center? Share your experiences!