“A tired Keddy's by any other name is still a tired hotel complex”

Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Presque Isle
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The illuminated sign paralleling Highway 1 states "Great Rooms, Great Rates, Free Wifi, Pool, Gym, Breakfast." Well, at least half of these statements have some grain of truth. We stayed here for what seemed to have been a month over the course of 3 nights and found what used to be Keddy's Hotel to be not much different from what it had been most of last century. The hotel staff said that it had been renovated, but the addition of flowered grandmother print bedcovers doesn't equate to the degree of renovation needed to make this a comfortable, inviting, and modern hotel. The rooms are not great; the rates are equivalent to those you find much further south in Portland, a major city, without the room quality to accompany it. The walls are thin, the noise from running water obvious, and the lighting dingy. The hotel provides WiFi, which does work, and a continental breakfast during the week, which easily can be supplemented by a trip to Tim Hortons where better food is prepared. We neither attempted to use the pool or gym; we dared not. We found that all rooms at other hotels in town had been booked for the week, leaving us no choice. Next time, we'll pack a tent.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LopingianTravels
KBSHOSPITALITY, Owner at Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to notify us about the issues with your stay. We apologize for not providing you with the experience you should have received. It is our goal to provide our guests with clean and comfortable accommodations at a reasonable rate. We recognize that we failed to do so in your case. I wish you would have reached out to us during your 3 night stay so we could have rectified your issues. Our last renovations were performed in 2011 replacing all room furnishings. I was sorry to read that our rooms were not to your liking. We have taken your concerns about the “grandmother” décor under advisement. The décor was chosen to keep the County charm within our historic landmark property. I appreciated the photo you posted, as it shows a very comfortable and clean room with 2 Double Beds. While we realize that the building is not as modern as can be found elsewhere, we have done our best to keep it as updated, clean and affordable. I am unsure why you posted a photo of the maximum rate card, as that is a requirement in the lodging industry, but that is far from the discounted rate you paid. We have received a majority of positive comments on the complimentary continental breakfast from our guests, but realize that it may not hold up as well against breakfast items purchased separately, for which we offer a full breakfast menu, available on weekends, again, had you let one of our staff know you were experiencing and issue, we would have attempted to resolve your issue. We received no other complaints during the time of your stay regarding the fitness center and pool, so are unsure what issues you experienced with them, but invite you to let us know how we can improve our guests’ experience. Again, we wish to apologize for not providing you with a better experience during your stay. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and look forward to the opportunity to better serve you should you be in the area again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at the Inn on July 17, 2014. Sadly, we needed to leave early due to a death in the family. We could not stay the extra 2 nights. They were so kind and compassionate at the desk, my heart melted. I needed that. They did not charge extra for the early cancellation. This is not the first time we've stayed here and it definitely won't be that last. Thank you to the management and employees who consistently provide a nice, clean and peaceful establishment.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Newrog1
KBSHOSPITALITY, Owner at Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I sincerely hope that your family has found peace with your loss. It pleases me that my desk staff members were able to get things taken care of for you. I have shared your review with the staff and hope that when you return to the County, you will book your accommodations with us.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Whenever we go shopping in Maine this is the place to stay. I have to point out Megan the front desk receptionist. She is awesome! Every time we check in or check out she's always got a smile on her face and she's very welcoming, friendly, and professional. She always remembers us too!
The rooms are cozy and clean. The beds are comfortable, can be a little snug if I have to bunk with my sister in a double bed but it's still comfortable. The bathrooms are clean too. Parking is great lots of places to choose from.
The restaurant is delicious. They have a continental breakfast if you stay during the week, and on the weekends they usually offer a voucher for breakfast. I can't wait go back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ASHLEY S

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a positive review on our property, I have shared your review with the staff. Megan was very happy you took the time out to mention her, yes she does go above and beyond. It pleases me to read your review as it encourages us that we are providing great service to our customers. It is wonderful to receive such positive feedback and I again thank you for sharing yours. We can’t wait to have you back and please stop by and say hi.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have stayed at the PIICC a few times and had terrible experiences both times. The last time and the LAST time I will staye here was about 1 yr ago. My daughter and I were heading of the Inn and a youth with a mother dog and about 5 babies was blocking the EXIT. We waited for them to go by but he stood there and was not moving. So, I proceeded to to go out whereupon I was bitten by the mother dog!!! I put in a complaint and the staff did not seem to care.. all they said was" Well, we do allow pets"!!! After I got home to Canada, I wrote them a letter nand the manager contacted me and said he would look after it. I have yet to hear from him!!!
I love Presque Isle and the folks are so friendly but , unfortunately , not in this establishment.. They give PI a bad name!!!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bordenc
KBSHOSPITALITY, Owner at Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

We are very sorry about the issue that occurred during your stay last year at the Presque Isle Inn and Convention Center. Any issue related to the safety and well-being of our guests is a serious concern. At the time, when you reported the incident, the manger on duty asked if you were in need of medical attention, which you declined, and he sincerely apologized for the situation. Additionally, the manager addressed the incident with the dog’s owner, stressing the importance of controlling their animals. As a pet-friendly lodging establishment, we strive to provide a safe, welcoming and pleasant environment for all of guests. Upon your departure, we were under the impression that you were pleased with how the issue had been addressed and it is only now, a year later, that we are learning of your dissatisfaction. We hope that if your travels take you back to Presque Isle, you will give our exceptional, hospitable staff the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed many times during the month of September 2013 and was well worth the value. The hotel is older but clean and has recently been renovated. The staff is excellent and very friendly. One night our TV did not work and we were quickly moved to another room across the hall. There is an indoor pool and a nice fitness center. The restaurant serves fine Italian fare and serves a continental breakfast in the morning. I have stayed in two other hotels in the area but recommend Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms on the other side from the parking lot. Many contractors leave early in the morning.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Maine_Traveler6057
KBSHOSPITALITY, Owner at Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

I'd like to thank you for taking the time out to review our Property. It pleases me that you enjoyed your accommodations and our property amenities. It is our goal to offer our customers comfortable clean and affordable accommodations. Thank you for noticing the continued upgrades to our property. We look forward to having you back as our guest.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Hotel is nice. The staff was very friendly. However, the lack the NFL channel. I was planning to watch the Thursday night game in the bar and was disappointed. Cost the bar the price of my beer tab as I had to find another viewing location.

Stayed: September 2013
KBSHOSPITALITY, Owner at Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Kevin P,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It pleases me that you enjoyed your accommodations and we thank you for your Patronage. I have posted your review so the staff can read it. This is always great for our staff to know they are appreciated. I apologize that we lost your beer tab during your stay, thank you for brining this situation to our attention. Upon researching the situation, we found out that our provider has changed programming options in September. We are working with the vendor as we speak and hopefully will have this remedied by next week.
Thank you again, we look forward to serving you on your next trip to the County.
Kevin B Simmons - Owner

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I am determined to let others know of our very negative experience at this "hotel" on August 3, 2013.
We had nowhere else to stop at 1:30 am., this was simply one of the dirtiest hotels I have ever seen and I have travelled to many countries. If we hadn't been so exhausted, we would have kept driving. The carpets and furniture were stained, there were hairs in the tub, it smelled, the comforter hadn't been washed in a LONG time. The mattress was like sleeping on rocks and the smelly pillows, were paper thin.There were stains on the peeling wallpaper, the faucet was coming off. I wanted to complain, but my family just wanted to get out. There were black "flakes" in both of the beds. It was disgusting! We paid $135 for the night, we were completely ripped off. I literally would have slept in my car rather than stay here. KEEP DRIVING!!!!! Why aren't there 0 or -0 ratings on this site?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jan013
KBSHOSPITALITY, Owner at Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

I am sorry to have learned that you were so dissatisfied with your stay. We strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations as well as exceptional customer service to our valued guests. Both verbally upon check-in, as well as with a sign posted in every room, guests are encouraged to alert us to any concern or problem that they may have. As you never reported any of you complaints to our front desk clerk or on-site manager, you never gave us the opportunity to remedy your issues. I can assure you, we could have easily and quickly moved you to another room had you communicated your concerns with us.

Upon reading this review, as well as the previous one that had been posted and then deleted, there appeared to be several discrepancies and inconsistencies with your complaints. Regardless, I thoroughly reviewed your issues, and while I was unable to find evidence of several of them, the issues I was able to identify have been immediately remedied. Again, I apologize that you were displeased with your stay and appreciate your feedback. Our hope, however is that any guest that is unhappy with their accommodations will immediately communicate their issues with us, giving us the opportunity to address their concerns and provide them with a more pleasant and satisfying experience at our property.
Kevin B Simmons - Owner

#2 of 2 in Caribou
The Northeastland Hotel
The Northeastland Hotel
#3 of 5 in Presque Isle

Been to Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center? Share your experiences!