“Top notch again!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Presque Isle
Portland, Maine
“Top notch again!”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I was in Presque Isle once again on business and had the pleasure of staying at the Northeastland hotel. These people are so friendly I look forward to being there. They have just removed all but 3 smoking rooms which I felt added to the value as I don't smoke. The bartenders are not only cute but funny! The rates are much cheaper than the Hampton and the Northeastland offers eveything they have and more....I can eat, drink, meet new people, and go to my room without driving after having a few drinks, it's great! I look forward to my next trip!
I also ate at the Irish pub while I was in town...it was loud but not bad!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank zander L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Second time we stayed at this hotel. The first time was not so bad, but this year was not good. The hotel itself smelled musty. The hall way we were on smelled of smoke even in the alleged non smoking wing. We were promised a king room and when we got there they gave us a queen in a very tiny cramped room. The AC did not work and the room was hot and we had to open the window which resulted in having a bright street light shining in my face all night. The towels were cheap and thin. We had to go down to get our pillows after two calls because they had no one from housekeeping to bring the pillows up. The staff was indifferent. Not mean. Just indifferent. I guess it was clean but really the rooms were so old and the furniture dated is an understatement. On the plus side, we've stayed in some very expensive Maine resort cabins and they have been worse for more than twice the price. At least this place provided soap and shampoo. I guess if it is the only game in town and you have a need to stay downtown it will do. The meeting attended served a continental breakfast which consisted of some muffins that were not made on site as the paper was stuck to the muffins and Sara Lee breakfast pastries I kid you not, still in the wrapper.

Room Tip: Don't get a room over the bar if you are staying on a weekend.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pattythecat
Nottingham, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 June 2012

A short time ago I was doinf busniess at Circle K here in Presque Isle, I was approached by a lady telling me all about her hotel that was being remodeled. She asked where I was staying and I was staying at the Hampton Inn... We can do better for you she says, come see me and you'll get a better rate.... About 2 weeks ago I got her broucher and decided to give it a shot... yes that rate was better..... when I walked through the door the first thing I thought of was... My closet at home is bigger than this entire room,,,,, whatever, I can work with this, it's only for 3 days. Now comes the night, p[ut the heat on,,, notthing,,, wake up to 67*!!!!!! this morning asked the front desk to check the heating in my room... Got back at 5pm, still 67* go to the desk again,, maint guy walks with me to my room to tell me that they shut the heat OFF in the entire buliding.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? I am in Presque Isle Maine!!!!! NOT TAMPA FLORIDA....... I have since checked out and would you know it the Hampton Inn is booked for the next 2 nights...... My suggestion to everyone and anyone that thinks about staying here.... "DON'T" pay the little extra! they wont tell YOU if your HOT OR COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank CarlN187
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed at the Northeastland on a recent business trip. On a previous trip to Presque Isle, I stayed at the Hampton Inn, a new hotel that is more expensive. So, I wanted to compare them.

The check-in process was not smooth. The desk clerk seemed to be in training, but the reservation (made through Trip Advisor) may have been erroroneous. I reserved a nonsmoking king-sized. On the way to the room, the corridor smelled of cigarettes and I noticed some rooms designated nonsmoking and others not. My room door did not have a no smoking sign, and when I opened the door I smelled a very strong cigarette odor. I returned to the front desk to get a new room. The desk manager searched available rooms but seemed to have limited nonsmoking availability.

She finally identified a ground floor room with a twin bed in the back wing, which had to be accessed via the parking lot. The corridor smelled of cigarettes, but the room was signed nonsmoking and smelled clean. It was comfortable enough, and quiet. But, the room layout was cramped and similar to a budget motel - sink in the room (not in bathroom), clothes rack next to front door (no closet). The climate control in the room was effective - wall mounted digital thermostat that kept the room comfortable and I didn't notice any air circulation motor noises

I ate dinner (12 oz. sirloin) in the hotel lounge - a very unimpressive dining experience. Service was slow and inattentive.

I returned to my room, did some work (easily accessed free Wifi), relaxed and went to sleep. I slept well.

The bathroom was clean, shower was ok, but towels were small and thin.

I checked out and had breakfast in the coffee shop off the lobby. It was a hardy inexpensive breakfast and served quickly.

Overall my experience was ok, not great. I will stay here again to avoid the extra cost of The Hampton Inn, but I will call before arrival to ensure I get the right room.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank runnoff
Hancock, Maine
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My work brings me to Presque Isle regularly and without hesitation I stay at the Northeastland. I had previously stayed at the newer national chain hotel in town and I have pleasantly discovered the rooms at the Northeastland are just as modern, clean and comfortable at a significantly reduced price. Whatsmore the staff at the Northeastland are friendly, attentive and provide a quality service, not to mention the presence of an in-house full menu quality restaurant (patronized by locals) and a comfortable, relaxed bar (with "happy hour" draft beers $1.75 until 8pm 7 days a week!) You will not regret a stay at the Northeastland.

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank David M
Presque Isle, Maine
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Rooms clean & comfortable, food in restaurant excellent, rooms near front of Main street are qieter than one would expect, in fact we prefer them to the rooms facing the parking lot. Have spent a number of nights here, first due to the locatiopn, then because of comfort, price, hospitality.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank noray9
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I am currently staying at The Northeastland hotel and am pleasantly surprised. It is an older building on Main st and I wasn't sure what to expect. The desk clerk was quick to say hello and acknowledge me, she was helpful with all of the information that I needed. The rooms are huge and extremely clean. I was astonished this morning to see that my car was cleaned off after the snowstorm we had last night and I had the best omelet with fresh cut homefries this morning!! As I sit here in the business center watching TV on a flat screen I must say I will be back. Kudos!

Room Tip: Ask for a room off Main st.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
#1 of 1 in Perth-Andover
Crown Park Inn
Crown Park Inn
#2 of 2 in Caribou

Been to The Northeastland Hotel? Share your experiences!