“Little Things”

and 1 more site!
The Northeastland Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Presque Isle
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Air conditioning and TV remotes never seem to work. Fine during the winter but not in summer when it is warm. Staff is great at check in. Bar service could be improved. Less cell phone use and more attention to customers. I have found myself leaving the hotel to go somewhere else for dinner because of this. Have been staying here at least twice a month for the past 8 months, and now considering switching to Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Stay away from floor one if not a smoker. Pay the extra money to stay on non-smoking floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 November 2012

I recently was in Aroostook County for a two day craft fair. I chose the Northeastland Hotel because it was in town and allowed us to walk to restaurants and for shopping. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is non-smoking which is wonderful for folks who don't like or deal well with smoke. I had two travel companions with me, and the oversized room was very comfortable with plenty of room for all our stuff. The bathroom was oversized like the room, always a nice surprise. The hotel had a lounge and restaurant in the building. We didn't try the food, but the smells were wonderful. I highly recommend this clean, quiet and friendly hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floors are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Located in the core downtown area right on Main Street. Hotel has a lot of history. Staff really are friendly and helpful. We stayed in room 205 and we found it to be airy and clean. TV is small for a room this size. Bring your glasses if your eyes are not 20/20. Only main disappointment was with the food and service at the restaurant. We had breakfast there and it took close to 20 mins to get our order out. Food was OK but had better. Coffee not great.

Room Tip: Go with either room 205 or 305. These are large rooms overlooking Main Street with two queen size be...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Michel B
Reviewed 6 September 2012

...or a hotel by it's surroundings! Five of us on a motorcycle tour stayed at the Northeastland since our usual place was not available. What luck. The staff was extremely friendly, allowed us to park our motorcycles in a prime location and gave back the ribbing which we gave. They treated the elderly guests and townspeople with respect and courtesy, as well. All you could want in one stop. A pub, a resteraunt serving dinner and breakfast... We will be back.
The rooms are large and clean. We had some discussion of the telephone by the toilet....
The one complaint I would have is the noise of the crowds on Main St in the wee hours of the morning. Conversations on the street below were easily overheard.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank redglide
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I was in Presque Isle once again on business and had the pleasure of staying at the Northeastland hotel. These people are so friendly I look forward to being there. They have just removed all but 3 smoking rooms which I felt added to the value as I don't smoke. The bartenders are not only cute but funny! The rates are much cheaper than the Hampton and the Northeastland offers eveything they have and more....I can eat, drink, meet new people, and go to my room without driving after having a few drinks, it's great! I look forward to my next trip!
I also ate at the Irish pub while I was in town...it was loud but not bad!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank zander L
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Second time we stayed at this hotel. The first time was not so bad, but this year was not good. The hotel itself smelled musty. The hall way we were on smelled of smoke even in the alleged non smoking wing. We were promised a king room and when we got there they gave us a queen in a very tiny cramped room. The AC did not work and the room was hot and we had to open the window which resulted in having a bright street light shining in my face all night. The towels were cheap and thin. We had to go down to get our pillows after two calls because they had no one from housekeeping to bring the pillows up. The staff was indifferent. Not mean. Just indifferent. I guess it was clean but really the rooms were so old and the furniture dated is an understatement. On the plus side, we've stayed in some very expensive Maine resort cabins and they have been worse for more than twice the price. At least this place provided soap and shampoo. I guess if it is the only game in town and you have a need to stay downtown it will do. The meeting attended served a continental breakfast which consisted of some muffins that were not made on site as the paper was stuck to the muffins and Sara Lee breakfast pastries I kid you not, still in the wrapper.

Room Tip: Don't get a room over the bar if you are staying on a weekend.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pattythecat
Reviewed 5 June 2012

A short time ago I was doinf busniess at Circle K here in Presque Isle, I was approached by a lady telling me all about her hotel that was being remodeled. She asked where I was staying and I was staying at the Hampton Inn... We can do better for you she says, come see me and you'll get a better rate.... About 2 weeks ago I got her broucher and decided to give it a shot... yes that rate was better..... when I walked through the door the first thing I thought of was... My closet at home is bigger than this entire room,,,,, whatever, I can work with this, it's only for 3 days. Now comes the night, p[ut the heat on,,, notthing,,, wake up to 67*!!!!!! this morning asked the front desk to check the heating in my room... Got back at 5pm, still 67* go to the desk again,, maint guy walks with me to my room to tell me that they shut the heat OFF in the entire buliding.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? I am in Presque Isle Maine!!!!! NOT TAMPA FLORIDA....... I have since checked out and would you know it the Hampton Inn is booked for the next 2 nights...... My suggestion to everyone and anyone that thinks about staying here.... "DON'T" pay the little extra! they wont tell YOU if your HOT OR COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
#1 of 5 in Presque Isle
Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center
Aroostook Hospitality Inn
Caribou Inn & Convention Center

Been to The Northeastland Hotel? Share your experiences!