The Northeastland Hotel
US$122
Hotels.com
US$100
TripAdvisor
All reviewsconvenient downtown locationrooms are largehistoric hotelchain hotelsstayed one nightfitness centerupon checkcomfortable bedsloungefurnitureweddingrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed here because our cousins stayed here, but I found better than expected. The rooms are huge by today's standards. There is a fridge, TV, large bathroom. It is right in downtown Presque Isle but here is ample parking behind the hotel. We used the lounge at night to have a drink, and the cafe in the morning for a good breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank IndependentCouple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed one night at the Northeastland October 4/5. We reserved two rooms. One was a suite for my wife and I and the other a two queen extra large room for our college aged kids. Everything was clean and suited our needs perfectly. We have stayed there before and keep going back there despite the presence of newer chain hotels in the area. This hotel has the character and charm that we were looking for right on Main Street in the heart of the downtown. There is a restaurant in the lobby that served a great breakfast. Will definitely stay there again if the need arises.

Room Tip: Get the suite for just a few dollars more and enjoy a very spacious room with a couch, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The downtown location is excellent, and the staff here are among the friendliest, most polite, and most conscientious I have encountered anywhere. They are courteous, kind, and try their best to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your stay. I cannot speak more highly of them. The room I stayed in was on the 3rd (top) floor, facing Main St. It was much larger than I expected, and more ordinary than expected. This is a historic building that has been renovated, so I had hoped for a bit more character in the room. Instead, the room looked just like any other hotel room you see everywhere. Nevertheless, it was absolutely adequate, clean, comfortable, and served its purpose; I only wished it had a bit more character that would set it apart from other hotel options in the area. When I stayed there, the wifi was not working in my room on the third floor and could not be fixed, so I had to go down to the first floor lounge to use my laptop and work, but the front desk comped me an addition half-price ticket off a drink at the bar, and it was not too noisy that I couldn't work. They had Newcastle ale on tap, and that was just fine. I will stay here again on my next trip to The County!

Room Tip: If your room is on the second floor, make sure it's not over the bar/lounge, which operates until 1:00AM, and can get noisy when it's karaoke night. If your room is in facing Main St. you'll be treated to the western, setting sun, and the view of the quaint downtown.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My wife and I traveled back to our hometown of PresqueIsle to attend my 30th High School reunion which was held at the Northeastland Hotel in downtown PresqueIsle. We also stayed for three nights at the hotel and were very pleased with the rooms, and especially the service of the staff.

The reunion itself utilized the red room for the happy hour and the after diner festivities and the ball room for the buffet dinner. The dinner was flawless with great food and excellent service and everyone had a great time.

The rooms were surprisingly large and modern. The hotel has undergone a major renovation in the past 15 years and I was surprised at the size and comfort of our room for such a historic hotel. This particular weekend was unusually hot for Northern Maine and the air conditioning system worked perfectly which was a welcome relief.

If you are travelling to “The County” or need a venue for an event, you can’t go wrong with the Northeastland.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My family all lives up North in Van Buren. Since being promoted to my new job, I have not been able to visit as of last summer. When I got home Friday evening, my husband surprised me with plans to go visit! We packed up the family and headed out around 8pm. from Bangor. We originally planned on staying at the Caribou Inn and Convention Center. We always liked it there, and they had a pool! A huge perk with a child. We were unaware of the Hog Ralley's though. After striking out at 5 locations, we found the number to the Northeastland Inn. It was nearing 1am by now, and the gentleman on the other line was very pleasant. They had a few rooms left and secured one for us. I found the rate of $104 to be reasonable, especially given that the entire area was booked! The only thing I would say about the call is I asked if they had any cots since they only had one bed. He responded with he didn't "think" so. It would have been nice if he could have found out for us.

As we entered the rear of the building, it was very musty smelling and patrons of the lounge stood right outside the door smoking. My son and I have severe asthma and it would have been nice if this didn't occur directly in front of us. We approached the desk, and the clerk took our names. A lady from the lounge came out and he requested her assistance in checking us in as he had to escort another to their room. She was very flustered and responded "ok, but it better be quick". That made us uneasy. I manage a hotel myself, and I know sometimes it's not quick. We tried to make it as painless for her as we could. She asked if we were here for 2 nights. I said only tonight right now. My husband thought maybe we should stay since we had such a hard time finding rooms. She then said they don't have any availability. That confused him very much and thought if he booked it now they would have it, so he said to go ahead. She said she can't. I informed her that her initial inquiry confused him. She apologized and said if we were supposed to be there for 2 nights she would fix it. In other words, she had the room for us for 2 nights, but wouldn't give it to us unless it was their error. Not good service.

We finally got to our room. It was very tiny and HOT! My husband turned on the AC, preset only to 68. It was reading 76. It went down to 72, and then by 8am, it was back up to 73.. so it clearly wasn't working. Our son sat on the toilet, which was draped with a tag showing it was recently cleaned. The seat fell completely off and onto the floor! My son; who is an average sized 10 year old hit his head on the wall which was only inches from the toilet, and fell into the toilet hurting his back and right hip. When I phoned the desk to report it, I was informed there was nothing they could do till about 6am that morning, and that the AC only goes to 68; which would have been fine if it actually went down to that. We fixed the seat as best we could to be able to use it.. very carefully. We had to take the 3 chairs and push them together for our son to sleep on because he was very uncomfortable on the floor and the floor was very dirty; our feet were all black in the morning. None of us slept that night. We were graciously offered a late check out when we initially checked in, but by 8am we couldn't deal any longer and decided to get ready to head out. We showered, but refused to use the bath mat as it was very dirty, and honestly we didn't know if the room was truly clean; how do you overlook a broken toilet unless you don't care, or you didn't clean it? So we didn't trust the mat either. We washed the bottom of the tub and we showered on a very slippery surface. The towels smelled of maple syrup; a smell I love, but not on my linen; they didn't smell clean. We checked out, and they were very concerned about our experience. We were offered breakfast, but we needed to head out. I know every hotel has that "one room".. and we joked about it at check out. Someone definitely dropped the bomb on it, and it is in some serious need of attention and follow up.

I am awaiting a phone call, and am positive they will do the right thing :) It was also our Anniversary.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family