The Northeastland Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bear Paw Inn(Mars Hill)
Brookside Inn(Smyrna Mills)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsconvenient downtown locationrooms are largehistoric hotelchain hotelsstayed one nightfitness centerupon checkcomfortable bedsloungefurnitureweddingrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2009

Came to Presque Isle for a meeting, and decided, I'll try that quaint hotel instead of the new commercial hotel on the other side of town. Wrong choice. The room was cold all night. That evening I went to the bar, and in a matter of two hours, I had amassed four drinks on my credit card, while the damn bar tenders let some drunk run up a tab of over forty dollars. Total rip off.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank HarrisonK
Reviewed 22 September 2009

I've stayed a couple of times now, and while overall it's a decent hotel, with some issues, it is not by any means my top choice. The desk staff, while not exceptionally knowledgeable, were eventually able to direct me to where I needed to go. The elevator is small and cramped, especially with other people and their luggage. I ended up just using the stairwell, which wasn't much better. While the rooms are comfortable, they could use a bit of TLC. Room locations are a mixed-bag, and I would definitely request a quiet room, away from ground floor. The fitness center could use some new equipment as well.

The restaurant has an adequate dinner menu, if somewhat overpriced for the service and quality. Breakfast was good, though they do get busy, and could use more staff. I will admit that the decor was odd, kind of like a lodge had crashed into a diner.

One last thing - the parking lot in back was quite dark, and hard to navigate when there are a lot of vehicles. While it didn't bother me, I could see how it would be a concern for other travelers.

I would (hesitantly) recommend this hotel, though perhaps only as a back-up...

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Terrible-hostile front desk staff. I reserved a room 2 weeks in advance, checked in at 3-4pm and was given a room overlooking the AC/Heating units which were sitting in a green putrid liquid outsied the window. Room was damp, carpet filthy and room was like a bad trip to the 60's. ASked for a different room and was told only doubles were available and would have to pay for a 2 bedded room although the hotel was not full. I did get a different room and after complaining paid the single rate. Hotel is good location but a terrible value and an unfriendly staff. The elevator is a joke.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2009

My mother and I stayed here for one night while tracing my ancestors' footsteps in nearby Easton and Mars Hill. The Northeastland is very comfortable - large room, has all of the amenities, comfortable bed, wireless Internet access. The staff was ok. The front desk did offer to call Governor's Restaurant nearby to see what time they close. That was a convenient walk. Ample parking behind the hotel. Great gift shop across and down the street to the left, although you couldn't tell from the outside.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2008

Stayed overnight - room was clean and comfortable. Typical older hotel in downtown. Restaurant was good but if you want the prime rib on Friday night, better get there very early. They were out by 6pm. But food was good both for dinner and breakfast and service was very friendly. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple