“We love Elasa's”

Elsa's Inn On The Harbor
Old Lyme, Connecticut, United States
“We love Elasa's”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My sister's and I have been visiting Elsa's in July for the past 6 years. We stay three nights and enjoy our visit each time. Megan is delightful and an excellent breakfast chef. She creates amazing breakfasts each morning..... conversation with other guests flows freely It is a small B&B that is quiet and nicely decorated. Wonderful sunrises across the harbor in the morning as the fisherman head out for the day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Russell860

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 20 July 2013

There were 3 of us, each with a differing view. One loved it, another liked it and the third was not happy with the location. The facility is quite nice. However, a traveler should be aware that the B & B sits right on the highway and thus for some of the day there is traffic. Also, it sits across from a lobster wholesaler and so until 8 p.m. a truck with its refrigeration system running sat across the street. Someone who is concerned about privacy might want to avoid the two front rooms. Personally, it didn't bother me but others might feel differently. Finally, as with almost every B & B at which I have ever stayed, the coffee needs work. Bunn coffee makers should be banned!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank JEHDD
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I surprised my wife by booking a night at her namesake's B&B while we were touring the coast of Maine. And we stayed in Elsa's Room. The room, the house, the hostess Megan and her dad, the area and especially the breakfast were all a delight.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
NC
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at Elsa's while attending a wedding in Prospect Harbor. We arrived very late due to weather challenges, but our room was ready, the heat on (bad weather weekend) and we slept well in a comfortable bed. The next morning we had a wonderful breakfast, served by our exceptional hostess, Megan. She could not do enough for you. The setting was beautiful, despite the rain. If anyone ever travels in the area of Prospect Harbor, you need to stop here, if not, you are missing a true gem.

Room Tip: Any room facing the harbor.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bruce K
Rosseau, Ontario
Reviewed 23 April 2013

What a peaceful, picturesque retreat this is! The rooms look out over the working harbor, and the Schoodic peninsula of Acadia NP is only 5 miles away. Megan is a wonderful host. Room was spotless and welcoming, and breakfast was made to order and very nice. My only regret is that we didn't have more time to spend there. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank paulabanks
Prospect Harbor, Maine
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Despite the off season visit, my hostess is more than accommodating. The sumptuous breakfasts keep me going all day. The variety is amazing! At home I just have oatmeal. Here, in three days I have had three different gourmet breakfasts! The room is so comfortable that I awakened after the first night thinking I was in my own bed ( except I slept better here!) Megan makes each guest feel like their pleasure and comfort is her first priority. I heartily recommend Elsa's to everyone who wants to see this area. I am here for a week, looking for a property to buy and at which to spend my retirement. Megan and her B&B are the best advertisement. I know why my realtor recommended this place!

• Stayed December 2012
Glenelg, Maryland
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed here in early October and found this B&B to be very nice. It's located just across the road from Prospect Harbor and our room ("Elizabeth's Room") was the smallest room but still had a view of the harbor and an outside entrance. We notified Megan that we'd be arriving after 7 pm, so she left the room open with the key in the room and an envelope taped to the front door. The room is best described as sweet - large cabbage rose wallpaper, white ruffled curtains, Oriental rug, white four poster bed and a large easy chair. The bed had a duvet cover and we found the mattress and pillows to be very comfortable. A TV and VCR were on a table in the corner of the room. Wi-fi worked just fine. The private bath, painted a bright pink, had a full tub with shower and a pedestal sink. Embroidered white towels and glycerin soap were provided. Oddly, no shampoo. In the closet there were two bathrobes, a hairdryer, and a little sachet pouch. Breakfast is served at 8:30 am just off the parlor and included muffins, an omelette, coffee and juice. All in all, a very pleasant stay for our visit to Maine's Schoodic Peninsula.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Prospect Harbor
Acadia View B & B
Acadia View B & B
#3 of 6 in Gouldsboro

Been to Elsa's Inn On The Harbor? Share your experiences!