“Feel Right at Home”

Elsa's Inn On The Harbor
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Megan, her mom, and the rest of her family make guests feel right at home at Elsa's. It's a great location if you're planning to visit the portion of Acadia National Park located on the Schoodic Peninsula. The inn sits right across from a working harbor. The harbors at Corea and Winter Harbor are also within a few minutes drive. While in the area, try Tracey's on Rt. 1 for cheap lobster in the rough...nothing fancy...just lobster that was caught earlier in the day...$9 for a 1-1.5lb lobster with slaw. You can BYOB too. Be sure to visit the Grindstone Point area of Winter Harbor to see the fabulous summer "cottages" from an era gone by. The national park loop, 12 miles, is fabulous...lots of scenic ocean views...bring your camera. Be forwarded, the sidewalks roll up at 8:00 even in the peak summer season. We'll be back to Elsa's like so many other guests.

Room Tip: Elsa's room has a view of the harbor and a jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank purt1015

Reviewed 25 July 2013

My sister's and I have been visiting Elsa's in July for the past 6 years. We stay three nights and enjoy our visit each time. Megan is delightful and an excellent breakfast chef. She creates amazing breakfasts each morning..... conversation with other guests flows freely It is a small B&B that is quiet and nicely decorated. Wonderful sunrises across the harbor in the morning as the fisherman head out for the day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Russell860
Reviewed 20 July 2013

There were 3 of us, each with a differing view. One loved it, another liked it and the third was not happy with the location. The facility is quite nice. However, a traveler should be aware that the B & B sits right on the highway and thus for some of the day there is traffic. Also, it sits across from a lobster wholesaler and so until 8 p.m. a truck with its refrigeration system running sat across the street. Someone who is concerned about privacy might want to avoid the two front rooms. Personally, it didn't bother me but others might feel differently. Finally, as with almost every B & B at which I have ever stayed, the coffee needs work. Bunn coffee makers should be banned!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JEHDD
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I surprised my wife by booking a night at her namesake's B&B while we were touring the coast of Maine. And we stayed in Elsa's Room. The room, the house, the hostess Megan and her dad, the area and especially the breakfast were all a delight.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at Elsa's while attending a wedding in Prospect Harbor. We arrived very late due to weather challenges, but our room was ready, the heat on (bad weather weekend) and we slept well in a comfortable bed. The next morning we had a wonderful breakfast, served by our exceptional hostess, Megan. She could not do enough for you. The setting was beautiful, despite the rain. If anyone ever travels in the area of Prospect Harbor, you need to stop here, if not, you are missing a true gem.

Room Tip: Any room facing the harbor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bruce K
Reviewed 23 April 2013

What a peaceful, picturesque retreat this is! The rooms look out over the working harbor, and the Schoodic peninsula of Acadia NP is only 5 miles away. Megan is a wonderful host. Room was spotless and welcoming, and breakfast was made to order and very nice. My only regret is that we didn't have more time to spend there. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank paulabanks
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Despite the off season visit, my hostess is more than accommodating. The sumptuous breakfasts keep me going all day. The variety is amazing! At home I just have oatmeal. Here, in three days I have had three different gourmet breakfasts! The room is so comfortable that I awakened after the first night thinking I was in my own bed ( except I slept better here!) Megan makes each guest feel like their pleasure and comfort is her first priority. I heartily recommend Elsa's to everyone who wants to see this area. I am here for a week, looking for a property to buy and at which to spend my retirement. Megan and her B&B are the best advertisement. I know why my realtor recommended this place!

• Stayed: December 2012
#1 of 3 in Prospect Harbor
Acadia View B & B
Acadia View B & B
#3 of 6 in Gouldsboro

Been to Elsa's Inn On The Harbor? Share your experiences!