Loon Lodge Inn & Restaurant
The Rangeley Inn(Rangeley)(Great Value!)
US$136
Official Site
Rangeley Saddleback Inn(Rangeley)(Great Value!)
US$109
Priceline
US$87
US$80
Spillover Motel(Stratton)
US$113
Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel(Carrabassett Valley)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$181
Travelocity
Sugarloaf Inn(Carrabassett Valley)
US$141
Hotels.com
Herbert Grand Hotel(Kingfield)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$90
All reviewsthe pubrangeley lakedining roomin townlawn overlooking the lakebeautiful weddingdestination weddingsunset viewwalls are paper thincooked to perfectiongreat mealpeace and quietbeautiful locationgreat roomadirondack chairsmorning coffeerebecca
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2013

.........Went there for dinner last friday (5-31-13) we enjoyed the rustic atmosphere and the food was very well prepared, delicious and served in a timely manner, which was much appreciated considering that some of the other establishments we went to in the area were sub par. Our experience at the lodge was enjoyable except for one small detail. One of the waitresses was wearing open toed sandals and I normally dont concern myself with other peoples feet but I accidentally looked down when she walked by and I saw the crusty brown bottoms of her feet and I began to lose my appetite- this may seem petty but it would be nice to know your food server actually practices good hygiene. So overall I would have given the lodge two entusastic thumbs up except for this one small, unfortunate incident.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael a
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We traveled 3 weeks through New England. The stay at Loon Lodge was one of the most impressive. Beautiful surrounding and nearly perfect service. The house is blockhouse style. The rooms are large. Separate WC/bath surprises but fits very well to the atmosphere of the lodge.
Restaurant is very good, but not open daily.

Room Tip: Rooms to lakeside are more quiet Choose a room with allocated WC/bath
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johannes G M
Reviewed 27 March 2013

It's a beautiful old building with lots of character and tt's very clean and cozy. The food is very good but pricey. The cost of the rooms are very competitive. The only downfall is the lack of sound proofing. You can literally hear someone whispering in the next room. I stayed in the Saddleback and thought it was lovely. Just goes to show you how different peoples perceptions are.

Room Tip: I'd pick the saddleback again. You don't have to share a bath and it's right outside your door. If you like something more modern, choose a room downstairs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jackie Y
Reviewed 9 March 2013

My wife and I have made Loon Lodge our first choice when it comes to enjoying the Great State of Maine. Here at the Lodge you can experience the rustic nature of a real lodge by staying in the upper rooms or if you are more accustom to modern accommodations I recommend choosing the Lakeside Rooms on the lower level. There you will find spacious rooms king sized beds, heated floors, huge baths, a fantastic view of the lake and yet have full access to the amenities of the rustic fireplace room.
We have dined at the restaurant at least 20 times over the years and not once were we disappointed. The service was outstanding, the food and atmosphere are exactly what you would expect from folks who care about their clientele.
Be aware, that if you come here expecting a "Holiday Inn" experience just keep on driving by. You will be welcome like family but treated like royalty. And a note to those who insist on having their beds turned down and a chocolate placed on their pillow, this is an old lodge in the woods of Maine so kick off your shoes and your big city ways and take a step back and relax.
We will be making our next reservations in the Fall and hope to get in some great days hiking on the nearby Appalachian Trail or up on some of the mountain trails.

Room Tip: Rustic Lodge = upper rooms Fancy Schmancy = Lakeside 1 & 2
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Manomaine
Reviewed 5 March 2013

The food and our experience in the pub was good, however the room we stayed in had an extremely uncomfortable bed with terrible pillows. The shower was one of the worst showers I have ever used. Very noisy rooms, we could hear music and the conversations that the kitchen staff was having late into the night from our room. In addition, there were kids staying in the room next to us that cried all night, which made our stay less than memorable.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Mogul. Right above the kitchen, lots of excess noise. We could hear kitchen staff using profanities well into the night.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple