“Great Place for Dinner”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rangeley
Loon Lodge Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 8 Rangeley B&B and Inns
Mendon, Massachusetts
“Great Place for Dinner”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Dinner is always very good, all the time. I've been coming to Rangeley for about 6 years and this is a must have dinner at place, can handle large groups, not to many places in Rangeley can. I have not stayed in the lodge but have only heard good things. I would say best place in Rangeley to have Dinner.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Readington, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We never miss an opportunity to have dinner at the Loon Lodge when we are in Rangeley Maine! The place is so warm and welcoming...and the help is very accomodating. Dining out on the veranda overlooking Lake Rangeley is just a special added bonus to the whole experience. The food is top notch!! Don't miss out on the Calamari Portofino appetizer! It's so good, you may want to ask for a larger portion and enjoy it as your main entree! We have!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lauradids
Monmouth, Maine
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This place was beautiful. Our room was large, very clean and had a great view. Bed was very comfortable. The food in the restaurant was excellent! We picked the romantic getaway package. The package was a great deal. We had a nice big room with our own bathroom and a bottle of champagne. We also had an inclusive dinner which was one of the best meals I've had. I will recommend this place to my friends.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carey L
Queensbury, NY
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed here 1 night while passing through on a business trip. The rustic decor is very nice. My room had a great view but I had to walk out into the hall way to enter the small bathroom that was dedicated to my room. The lodge has a very nice bar and restaurant and I enjoyed a cocktail and nice dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MasterOfNone
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Sorry this is going to be a long one!
We arrived after a long drive from Jackson NH having booked in December 2012. The reason we chose this place was because of the great reviews of the restaurant and the fact it had a bar and we knew we wouldn't want to go out searching for somewhere to eat when we arrived. Little did we know what was to come!
We arrived around 4pm to a deserted car park, the lodge looked lovely and in we went, my husband said to the lady on the front desk "we have reservations" "yes you have and I was just about to leave" was the reply. After checking in and being shown our rooms I asked when the bar & restaurant opened "it doesn't open on a Sunday" was the reply, when I explained that the reason we booked was because of the bar & restaurant onsite I was told "unlucky". To be honest I was a bit gobsmacked. Then the woman said she was going, gave us a scrap of paper with a number to call if there were any problems as she was going home. we were the only guests there (4 of us) we were left totally to our own devises, no staff, no bar & no restaurant. So we drove into town, none of us very happy and found a bar to have a meal and a couple of beers, of course one of our party couldn't have a drink as we had to drive.
When we got back my friends who had the downstairs room next to ours said that their toilet was blocked, when we tried to flush it it started overflowing all over the floor, PANIC!!! i found the crap of paper the woman left us and tried one of the numbers on it, no reply, tried another number, answerphone so left a message explaining about the toilet. Eventually someone called back and I explained what had happened, she said she would get hold of the maintenance man to sort it. A few minutes later another call from the maintenance man telling me to find a plunger to fix the problem, by this time steam was coming out of my ears, I ended up telling him I had no intentions of wading through the flooded bathroom to fix their toilet and hung up. We then called the Rangeley Inn to see if they had a vacancy and packed up to check out. As we were about to leave a lovely lady called Barbara arrived. She was mortified at how we had been treated and agreed to refund our money in full, she couldn't have been more helpful and the owners should be grateful they have at least one decent member of staff on their books.
It's a shame the communication between the Inn and us was so bad. When i returned to the UK I found that I had an email send on the Friday before check in on the Sunday to say the bar & restaurant wouldn't be open while we were there, I find it hard to believe they didn't know this sooner.
The lodge is lovely but who wants to stay in a deserted building with no staff. It reminded us of the Overlook from the Shining, we were just waiting for jack Nicholson to appear screaming "heeeere's Johnny!!!!"

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank USLovers
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This inn is an experience in contrasts. The location and public spaces are lovely, as the place is a large old log lodge with cozy spaces, furniture, and decor. There are beautiful views of the lake and adirondack chairs on the lawn with the view.

Virtually all of the staff were great; with the exception being the bartender on our second night. She was curt and gave the impression that she would rather be anywhere except serving us.

However, the room was not very good. While again a lovely view of the lake and of good size, the queen bed (I didn't measure but pretty sure it was a double) was really uncomfortable. The bath is detached (you have to go into hall to access it) which was made clear on the website, but it is so tiny you have to put stuff on the floor and the shower is at the most a 36x36 camp shower. And if there are two of you, don't forget your towel which is in the room. You can hear and understand the conversations going on downstairs and next door, and likely they can do the same.

However, the restaurant is wonderful and I have provided a review under restaurants.

Room Tip: Their website says there are two rooms downstairs that have king beds and an attached bath which wer...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank scsvirsky
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2013

BEAUTIFUL! it is such a beautiful place,on a lake, you can sit and watch the sunset. The rooms were comfortable, the sitting area in front of the fireplace was very inviting, the pub fun, the food good...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rangeley
The Rangeley Inn
#1 of 3 in Stratton
The Inn on Winter' Hill
The Inn on Winter' Hill
#1 of 2 in Kingfield

Been to Loon Lodge Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!