“Limited but decent”

Ranked #14 of 90 Restaurants in Rockland
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: European Style Bakery and Cafe serving breakfast pastries including several types of house made croissants, baguettesm batards, artisan breads, soups, desserts, coffee, and other beverages
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Atlantic Baking has some good items. They have freshly made sandwiches and soups. I have not tasted their baked goods. The veggie sandwich is quite good and soups are mostly good. Sometimes its a matter of taste for the soups, either you like that type or not. There is usually adequate seating and no one rushes you, so it's a good place to talk or read a magazine. The food is somewhat like Panera Bread which Rockland does not have. (This place might suffer if one ever comes to the area). The pricing is a bit high and the items offered are limited. Those are my only complaints. Good place to grab lunch in Rockland.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We come to maine twice a year and look forward to having soup, sandwich , kirsch, dessert and coffee. This time there was no kirsch, very few sandwiches to pick from, soup good, coffee excellent. It appears that either new owners have taken over or the present ones are tired. We would not go back due to the few choices they give you.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Visited here for a small snack in April (2014). In a word, WOW!!!! I got a slice of pizza with zuchinni and summer squash. This stuff was insane!!! I went back and bought 3 to go. The brownie wasn't too shabby neither. Need to get more before I leave town. Really friendly people working there and good schtuff to munch!!!

1  Thank troy mcclure
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is not the blame of those working Friday 4/4/14 @ 8am. The poor service is because Management has not trained every person working there to be able and willing to wait on customers. I stood in line ready to give my money while the cashier stood with her back while she was making some dish. The three cooks were laughing it up continuing to do there job and just looked at the 6 of us in line. When the cashier did see us there was an 'oh s......because she had a meal to prepare and oh, can't do 2 things at once. Why one of the cooks could not have taken over her job so that she could help us standing there is poor customer service. The cashier sliced tomatoes, went back and forth to the refrig once getting bacon, then greens, then a cook brought over cooked eggs. All while we in line waited. She finally said ' I will be with you in a minute.' With her back turned. I then waited another few minutes, nothing, left my sandwich and left. Four people back there and not one came forward to help.

4  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

We have lunch here at least once a week - best soup on the planet, constantly changing with two kinds every day. Also sandwiches and a wide assortment of bared goods. Wonderful breads. And cookies!