“new favorite restaurant!”

Ranked #25 of 90 Restaurants in Rockland
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: In April 2009, Kelly and Michael Woods transformed Rockland’s Historic Train Station at 4 Union St. into the lively restaurant and bar Trackside Station. Known for its great food and entertaining atmosphere, Trackside Station won 7 “Best of the Best” awards in 2012: Appetizers, Wings, BBQ, Night Spot, Sports Bar and two more awards for their entertaining and friendly Server and Bartender.Trackside Station’s unique space features 24-foot ceilings, a large bar area with 8 different beers on tap along with large flat screen televisions and a 150-inch drop-down projection screen.Head Chef Chaz Doherty joined Trackside in mid-April 2013. Doherty, a Johnson & Wales graduate, brings a great deal of experience to Trackside with a diverse background. Doherty has worked in restaurants for most of his life, learning all facets of the business from front of house to back of house. Customers can enjoy fresh cuisine with house-made items. Doherty cures all of Trackside’s bacon in-house, grinds meat for a custom burger blend as well as bakes their sandwich rolls daily. Trackside offers a variety of seafood including fresh Maine lobster and crab meat, shrimp, scallops, clams and haddock. Other popular items include their house-made gnocchi, pork belly, pulled pork and chicken, fresh veggie plate, salads, pizzas and more.In addition to food, Trackside also features weekend entertainment including DJ music, a Name That Tune game, a Touch Tunes jukebox and live music. Trackside creates a monthly entertainment, food, and drink specials calendar that is available at the restaurant. This information and more is updated frequently on their Facebook page.
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My family has been visiting the mid-coast region since 1985 after purchasing a time share at the Samoset Resort. Needless to say, we have tried many of the restaurants in the Rockland/Camden area, and the Trackside Station is our new favorite!
The atmosphere is tastefully done, and the super-high ceilings make it seem extra spacious. Our server was friendly and attentive, and even though it was a quiet night and she was visiting with regulars at the bar, she always kept a discreet eye on us to clear dishes etc.
The food was fresh and delicious! Since it was mid-August, we ordered an appetizer of sauteed summer squash, zuchini, and carrots. The vegetables were crisp and flavorful. Our main dishes did not disappoint either. The flavors were distinctive in each bite, and were definitely made to order.
This restaurant has it all: character, charm, good prices, great service, family friendly, and awesome food!

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We stopped for a quick bite and were pleasantly surprised at how quickly we were served. The food came out beautifully presented, and piping hot. We enjoyed our quick lunch and will definitely return on our next trip to Maine. I would highly recommend this as a great place to grab lunch.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stopped in for a snack and a beer. And would definitely return if in the area to try a full meal.
Bartender was attentive and friendly. The space is perfect for a Pub style restaurant.

1  Thank NTutSTut
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We've had lunch here a couple of times. It's an American "pub" style type of place in a restored (and actively served during the summer by the Maine Eastern Railroad) railroad station with a somewhat eclectic menu. First time I ever encountered pan fried summer squash and kale (delicious!). On both visits it seems the bartender knew what they were doing and produced excellent drinks. The food was well better than average, and the service was great on both occasions. Well worth a visit.

Railfans and those "wishing to take a train ride" take note: The Maine Eastern ticket office is just down the hall from the rest rooms. See: http://maineeasternrailroad.com/Pages/tickets.html

Enjoy!

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I was in town for work and I was really craving lobster. I come from Ellsworth, ME, so I don't know why I had to have it so bad, So I found this place. I had lazy lobster, and a rack of ribs. It was really good! The staff were very friendly and I wish I had gone earlier in the evening because they asked me to leave as soon as I was done eating because I wasn't 21, and it was getting to be 9pm. I wasn't too happy about that but that's the way the cookie crumbles! :)

1  Thank BAC21994