All reviews frank pj turret room great hosts ricotta pancakes fox island my husband and i island cottage front porch farnsworth museum wrap around porch other guests rockland area at home place to stay quiet street breakfast was delicious look forward
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My husband and I stayed two nights when we were in town for the lobster festival. We loved the beautiful old home and it's grounds. We stayed one evening in the Seguin r=Room and one in the Turret room; they were both very nice, but the Turret Room was nicer and larger. Frank and PJ were warm and welcoming hosts. Like Delraygirl who reviewed below, I also felt a little uncomfortable the first morning at breakfast with everyone coupled off at separate tables and talking to each other in muffled conversation. But once I spoke to someone at the next table, pretty soon everyone was talking and laughing with everyone else. The next morning there were new and returning guests, and we had lively conversations all around that morning too. Someone just needed to break the ice. We had a wonderful stay!

Reviewed 30 August 2011

We loved our stay at LimeRock Inn. The room and food were first-rate, the hosts were wonderful, and the inn's location couldn't be better. This will be our base every time we visit Rockland.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Then Inn was beautiful & exceded our expectations. P.J. & Frank are wonderful hosts & made us feel like one big family. Breakfast was out of this world & I can't wait to visit again.

The location was great and there were many things available to do. Acadia National Park was only a couple of hours away as was Bar Harbor. The town of Rockland offered a variety of stores & wonderful places for dinner. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate our stay there as a 15!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Monhegan Room...beautifully decorated & very quiet.
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Our recent stay was our 2nd time at LimeRock Inn. Frank and PJ are fabulous hosts who are unflappable even in trying circumstances. My husband took ill towards the end of our stay, necessitating an acquaintance with the ER at PenBay Hospital. Frank and PJ handled his difficulties with aplomb and good humor and were extremely helpful to us.
That said, they are hosts extraordinaire and make breakfast time a real treat for everyone. They handled my special diet requirements with ease, and I noted there were other guests with different requirements , who were equally spoiled with special attention.
Highlights of our trip (besides visiting our son & his wife) were the Farnsworth Museum (we are Wyeth admirers), a trip out to see Christina Olson's House in Cummings, our Puffin Cruise out of Port Clyde and our ferry jaunt out to Vinalhaven Island. Rockland is full of great things to do and see, good restaurants, and the best B & B ever!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We truly felt so comfortable and loved our stay at the Limerock. We stayed in the Island Cottage room. Great choice for us. The room was clean, light, airy and private. It had its own entrance and small deck overlooking the lovely English style garden. The inn itself is a lovely historical landmark efficiently run by two of the nicest people you'll ever meet, Frank and P.J. They make a person feel so welcome and they truly care about their guests, I highly recommend the Limerock Inn. It's in a great location. It's a 10-minute walk to downtown Rockland, and P.J. and Frank will be more than happy to provide you with tons of visitor information.

Room Tip: If you want a lighter decore to your B&B stay and privacy, choose the Island Cottage room.