“Just want you want in a B&B”
Review of LimeRock Inn

LimeRock Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Rockland B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I have been to Rockland numerous times and every time I've gone I have passed by the Limerock and thought to myself, "One day I would like to go there". And so this past trip my husband and I did. Economically we stayed in the cheapest room which is the Petit Mannan. It is also the smallest which didn't matter to us.
We like Bed and Breakfasts for a few reasons. We like getting a wonderful full breakfast, we like meeting new people including other guests or the owners, and we like the shared spaces. It obviously is also adults only, no kids.
When we arrived we were greeted by PJ and Frank who showed us around. They were very nice and very easy to talk to. There is a common area where there is a fridge, some complimentary snacks, water, a Keurig, and computer area. The front Palor and Living Room is very nice. There are things to read and some brochures on things to see in the area.
Our room was very cute. It is a wonderful Victorian home and the decor kept with the Victorian theme. There was a little sitting area and a very nice bathroom. There was also a pocket door between the bedroom area and the main entrance to the room and bathroom. This added extra noise proofing which is nice especially when your on the main floor. Despite it being the smallest room there was plenty of room for us and our large amounts of luggage and various items which we purchased. As stated there was even a sitting area for one person.
The grounds are very nice. There is a large front porch with many places to sit and a Gazebo in the back. The garden there is a typical Maine garden which is very beautiful
I almost forgot to mention the location. This was the first time we actually stayed in town. The Limerock is only two blocks from the town center. It was the best. We walked into town daily. Limerock is very close to all the shops, galleries, museums and restaurants Rockland has to offer. Parking in Rockland, although free, is not always easy to find.
The breakfast was always delicious each morning. Frank makes amazing baked goods.The first day we had fresh homemade croissants, fresh fruit with homemade whipped cream and an omelet with tomatos and other things I cannot recall. Second day was a blueberry parfait, cinnamon swirl french toast with bacon and the bread I could not recall. Third day was biscuits, which was the best of all three days bread options, and the best I have had. I was especially impressed since my biscuits do not taste anywhere close to as good. It started with fruit with yogurt and followed with an egg souffle with cheese and ham.
Through talking with Frank we heard about the Maine wine trail. He highly suggested Cellardoor which was a great winery (I reviewed this on Yelp). We told Frank that we mostly had shorter trips to Maine and that it is always food based. He said we should go to Primo (I reviewed this on Yelp).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 January 2013

I HIGHLY recommend staying at the Lime Rock Inn. This was my first time staying at a B&B and needless to say I think I had such a great stay that future B&Bs will have trouble ever living up to this one. The breakfasts were absolutely to die for (I am quite a foodie and could not find one complaint with the meals - absolutely delicious, excellent quality, beautiful presentation, etc.). I felt so spoiled that I didn't want to leave! The hosts Frank and PJ could not have been nicer or more accommodating. They are such down-to-earth people and made me feel right at home. I traveled there myself and stayed 5 nights in the Petit Manan room, which was so comfy and so beautifully decorated. Also, the place is immaculately clean. The inn itself makes you feel worlds away since it is a beautifully restored Victorian home; I had such a relaxing time just reading a book on the beautiful porch. I had such an excellent, relaxing trip and cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicole M
Reviewed 7 December 2012

My husband and I decided to renew our wedding vows and wanted to take a romantic weekend. We are so fortunate to have found the most fabulous inn-The LimeRock Inn. The innkeepers are truly customer service oriented and so very hospitable. The inn was well kept, clean, with modern amenities but victorian attributes. The food was amazing! The innkeepers helped us plan the perfect renewal of vow ceremony and reception. I am so very grateful to have met such wonderful people in the dining room. Everything about our lodgings was exceptional, and everything about our experience at LimeRock was exquisite. This place will not disappoint! Every detail has been taken into account for the comfort of the guest. I was so pleased with the professionalism of the innkeepers and the establishment as a whole. We booked two different rooms to diversify our experience over the weekend. I was equally happy with both. Worth every penny-we Highly recommend this Inn!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Room and bed was ultra comfy and breakfast delicious! Number one in the area and we are return travelers to Rockland! Hosts were ultra accommodating and wanted to ensure our stay meet our expectations. Nicely Done! Thank you.

Room Tip: Dining room can be heard if you are a light sleeper if you are located near the dining room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This fall we had our second stay at the Limerock Inn, which was even more delightful than our first. The rooms are not only impeccably clean and comfortable, but each one had its own character and made each stay unique. Frank and PJ have become friends and made a different delicious breakfast each morning. They were not only entertaining but were obviously concerned about our welfare without being hovering. We cannot say enough about the gardens, the central yet private location to the attractions in Rockland, and comfort you feel throughout the house. It is obvious why Frank and PJ have been running a successful Inn for so long.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This place was a standout for the two gents who own the place.. they are personable and made sure we had a great visit. I especially loved the bath salts and the whirlpool tub. I would only add that every B&B should give an extra towel in the bath for ladies and our hair (not one Inn or hotel all week had more than two bath towels in the bath so not singling this place out and I'm sure had I asked I would have gotten it)

The room was lovely and the breakfast and service was awesome. We were hoping to have a visit from two little ghost girsl which didn't happen, but we slept incredibly well in this nice house nestled in a beautiful little Maine town! We will be back if we ever visit Rockland again!

White here, definitely visit the Owls Head Transportation Museum-- VERY cool!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We've stayed at chain hotels before where the hostess is smiling and polite, and the rooms are clean, and there's nothing to complain about. Experiencing the enjoyment and passion that Frank and P.J. get from running the Inn put a whole new perspective on that. Wonderful hosts with a beautiful Inn can transfer a sense of welcome that has become our new measure for all others. Breakfasts, rooms, community, even the neighbor's friendly cat were all great! Stayed 4 nights and would highly recommend the Limerock Inn. A great combination of hospitality, professionalism, location, and comfort.

Room Tip: 3rd week of October 2012 and we only found 1 local restaurant that had closed for the season. Folia...
Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
250 Main Hotel
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
Ledges By the Bay
Ledges By the Bay
#4 of 10 in Rockport

Been to LimeRock Inn? Share your experiences!