“Awesome B&B Choice!”

LimeRock Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Rockland B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Did an overnight at the Limerock Inn. Only regret it was not long enough. The Inn is warm and inviting, meticulously clean and tastefully decorated in Victorian decor. The moment you walk through the doors, you feel at home!. The rooms are charming and spacious. Frank and PJ couldn't be more gracious hosts. The breakfast Frank prepared was 5 star and the homemade biscuits with strawberry jam, to die for! Conveniently located two blocks from Rocklands seacoast downtown and great restaurants. Can't wait to return in the summertime. Try the Inn, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Any room you chose is awesome.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank dburns2513

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed at the Limerock Inn and everything was 1st rate. The house is beautiful and the room we stayed in "Seguin" was comfortable, clean and beautifully kept with victorian era heirlooms. Frank and PJ are masters of their craft and know all about Rockland attractions and what to do even in the offseason. The breakfasts are always delicious whether it be a sweet or a savory breakfast!! We always enjoy our stay and can't wait till next time!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful the breakfasts are delicious, main street has a nice mixture of restaura...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We were fortunate to spend one night at this B&B on our way from Boston to Maine. It was the perfect place to stop. The rooms are cozy, clean and charming. We stayed in a room with a closet that's been converted to a bathroom...amazing! While the room wasn't huge, it was more than adequate for our stay. The bed was very comfortable. Frank & PJ wer very welcoming and made suggestions as to what we should do during our brief stay. Breakfast was DELICIOUS! I am gluten-intolerant and they went out of their way to make sure that I had delicious gluten-free toast with my breakfast. Given the opportunity, I would definitely visit The LimeRock Inn again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I have been to Rockland numerous times and every time I've gone I have passed by the Limerock and thought to myself, "One day I would like to go there". And so this past trip my husband and I did. Economically we stayed in the cheapest room which is the Petit Mannan. It is also the smallest which didn't matter to us.
We like Bed and Breakfasts for a few reasons. We like getting a wonderful full breakfast, we like meeting new people including other guests or the owners, and we like the shared spaces. It obviously is also adults only, no kids.
When we arrived we were greeted by PJ and Frank who showed us around. They were very nice and very easy to talk to. There is a common area where there is a fridge, some complimentary snacks, water, a Keurig, and computer area. The front Palor and Living Room is very nice. There are things to read and some brochures on things to see in the area.
Our room was very cute. It is a wonderful Victorian home and the decor kept with the Victorian theme. There was a little sitting area and a very nice bathroom. There was also a pocket door between the bedroom area and the main entrance to the room and bathroom. This added extra noise proofing which is nice especially when your on the main floor. Despite it being the smallest room there was plenty of room for us and our large amounts of luggage and various items which we purchased. As stated there was even a sitting area for one person.
The grounds are very nice. There is a large front porch with many places to sit and a Gazebo in the back. The garden there is a typical Maine garden which is very beautiful
I almost forgot to mention the location. This was the first time we actually stayed in town. The Limerock is only two blocks from the town center. It was the best. We walked into town daily. Limerock is very close to all the shops, galleries, museums and restaurants Rockland has to offer. Parking in Rockland, although free, is not always easy to find.
The breakfast was always delicious each morning. Frank makes amazing baked goods.The first day we had fresh homemade croissants, fresh fruit with homemade whipped cream and an omelet with tomatos and other things I cannot recall. Second day was a blueberry parfait, cinnamon swirl french toast with bacon and the bread I could not recall. Third day was biscuits, which was the best of all three days bread options, and the best I have had. I was especially impressed since my biscuits do not taste anywhere close to as good. It started with fruit with yogurt and followed with an egg souffle with cheese and ham.
Through talking with Frank we heard about the Maine wine trail. He highly suggested Cellardoor which was a great winery (I reviewed this on Yelp). We told Frank that we mostly had shorter trips to Maine and that it is always food based. He said we should go to Primo (I reviewed this on Yelp).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I HIGHLY recommend staying at the Lime Rock Inn. This was my first time staying at a B&B and needless to say I think I had such a great stay that future B&Bs will have trouble ever living up to this one. The breakfasts were absolutely to die for (I am quite a foodie and could not find one complaint with the meals - absolutely delicious, excellent quality, beautiful presentation, etc.). I felt so spoiled that I didn't want to leave! The hosts Frank and PJ could not have been nicer or more accommodating. They are such down-to-earth people and made me feel right at home. I traveled there myself and stayed 5 nights in the Petit Manan room, which was so comfy and so beautifully decorated. Also, the place is immaculately clean. The inn itself makes you feel worlds away since it is a beautifully restored Victorian home; I had such a relaxing time just reading a book on the beautiful porch. I had such an excellent, relaxing trip and cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicole M
Reviewed 7 December 2012

My husband and I decided to renew our wedding vows and wanted to take a romantic weekend. We are so fortunate to have found the most fabulous inn-The LimeRock Inn. The innkeepers are truly customer service oriented and so very hospitable. The inn was well kept, clean, with modern amenities but victorian attributes. The food was amazing! The innkeepers helped us plan the perfect renewal of vow ceremony and reception. I am so very grateful to have met such wonderful people in the dining room. Everything about our lodgings was exceptional, and everything about our experience at LimeRock was exquisite. This place will not disappoint! Every detail has been taken into account for the comfort of the guest. I was so pleased with the professionalism of the innkeepers and the establishment as a whole. We booked two different rooms to diversify our experience over the weekend. I was equally happy with both. Worth every penny-we Highly recommend this Inn!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Room and bed was ultra comfy and breakfast delicious! Number one in the area and we are return travelers to Rockland! Hosts were ultra accommodating and wanted to ensure our stay meet our expectations. Nicely Done! Thank you.

Room Tip: Dining room can be heard if you are a light sleeper if you are located near the dining room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
250 Main Hotel
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
Ledges By the Bay
Ledges By the Bay
#3 of 10 in Rockport

Been to LimeRock Inn? Share your experiences!