All reviewsfrank pjturret roomgreat hostsricotta pancakesfox islandmy husband and iisland cottagefront porchfarnsworth museumwrap around porchother guestsrockland areaat homeplace to staybreakfast was deliciousquiet streetwonderful stay
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Previous stay in 2004 and still lovely as ever! Great host and cook PJ served a lovely breakfast and was so hospitable. Short walk to the Farnsworth Museum (the reason for the stay) and absolutely delicious dinner at In Good Company right down the street. All was great, even the rain....

Room Tip: Island Cottage was on main floor; good for those with difficulty using stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Frank and PJ welcomed our short stay with gregarious hospitality and genuine kindness. My husband and I were visiting for a day and night for our anniversary and couldn't have designed a more comfortable visit. The Turret Room was delightful and filled with beautiful sunlight during the day. We enjoyed their lovely backyard full of flowers, greenery and colorful October leaves. It's a super short walk into town to find scenic views by the water plus cafes, restaurants and museums. Dinner at Primo is a 5 minute drive, make sure to check out the farm in the back of the property. Frank and PJ also gave us some great ideas on some sights to see on our way to Portland. They are absolutely delightful as is their beautiful home. Thanks so much, Frank & PJ!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend. Wonderful, quiet b&b, superb location to walk to everything - restaurants, museums, port. PJ is so enjoyable to talk with. Breakfast was great. It is the perfect stopover from the west to north end of the coast

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

What a heavenly experience you will find at this inn just off the main street in Rockland. The owners and operators, Frank and PJ, have taken the art of running a bed-and-breakfast to a new high level. They have looked after every single detail to be sure your stay will be thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing. My husband and I both said that is the best two nights of sleep we have gotten in a very long time. This historic Victorian home with beautiful gardens is within easy walking distance of the shops and downtown restaurants. We certainly felt very comfortable and right at home. The rooms are spacious, spotlessly clean, with private bathrooms, and every amenity provided for your travels. If you're in the Rockland area book this inn early because I can see why it would fill up quickly, especially on the weekends.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017

I have decided that the owners, PJ and Frank, must have had a brain storming session during which they made a huge list of every single thing that a guest might want, or wish for in their room. Upon our arrival, I was greeted BY NAME, by PJ and the warmth and outgoing friendly interactions continued throughout our stay. PJ showed me to our room, which was "Fox Island". He pointed out GIFTS that were left for us, and there was water, and mints, and even a charging cube for our fancy devices! In the lovely bathroom were little signs which were SO helpful because I am OLD and I would not have figured out the shower nozzle thingie. At breakfast Frank and PJ served croissants and omelets and lovely fresh fruit with yogurt. Thank you, PJ and Frank for the BEST visit. I am so glad I found this place on Trip Advisor!

Room Tip: Each room is different.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple