“Really, a very nice place”
Review of Home Kitchen Cafe

Home Kitchen Cafe
Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Now ALSO open for Dinner Wed - Sat 5-9pm
plantation
“Really, a very nice place”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

On a recent trip to Rockland I had several breakfasts and lunches at the Home Kitchen. The staff are very friendly and welcoming; the food is truly "home cooked" and quite good. Breakfast, I did not have anything fancy, but the food was well cooked and done as ordered. Also the home made bread is delicious. Lunch I had a haddock sandwich (same thing each time) and it was delicious. Again, bread is homemade and the fish was tender, nicely cooked with homemade tarter sauce, great lunch. I highly recommend this place; only wish they were serving dinner when I was in Rockland, I bet its good too.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Believe the hype. This place is outstanding!!!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

It was very busy when we got here and even got the last parking spot. Come a little after 10am if you can, but before lunch for sure. You can get breakfast or lunch all day if I understood correctly. We opted for lunch and Tracy was our server. She was very busy but also very kind. I would ask for her by name if given the option as she was very nice.

I has a sausage cheese omelette with Rye bread and home fries. My partner in crime had the eggs Benedict. Both were outstanding although the benny was on toast not English muffin. Honestly we have had some amazing breakfasts in the past but this was right up there with, or even surpassing the others.

To go we got a sticky bun w/pecans and a regular one for my mom and stepfather and we sampled them after we got "home". WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Pecan bun was probably the best pastry I have ever had...it should come w/a defib but no problem...I would happily die for this thing. Yes it's that good.

1 Thank troy mcclure
Lincolnville, Maine
“Yummy”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Lived in the area for three years and finally followed the suggestion of the locals to try this place out. Great egg dishes, super good coffee and oh my the cinnamon roll. Super friendly crew!

2 Thank Sidewalksend
Smithtown, New York
“Trusted Tripadvisor”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Since we would be staying at the Samoset Resort for a week I toured restaurants in the area in tripadvisor. It proved to be a good source of information on the area and restaurants. We had breakfast here, it was delicious and worthwhile. The prices were fair for a resort area. The staff was friendly and inviting. Since we plan to visit this area again we will be sure to return to the Home Kitchen Cafe for another meal or two.

1 Thank cruiszr2
UK
“Great food, great service, good view”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had a Saturday lunch with our family. There's a great choice of food on the menu, and the service was excellent. We would eat here again.

1 Thank DavidW99