“so much fun”

Captain Jack Lobster Boat Adventure
Reviewed 30 October 2012

A once in a lifetime experience. Took us out to pick up lobster traps before hurricane Sandy arrived. Lobster info interesting, got to hold the lobster, and Steve got herring to feed the seals. One of the highlights of our 5 day Maine trip :)

1  Thank Sonya C

Reviewed 21 September 2012

My wife surprised me with this tour for my birthday. We were visiting Maine for 4 days for my Lobstah Shack Crawl...absolutely the highlight of my trip.
Steve was very warm and had an incredible sense of humor...we laughed the whole time we were on the boat. He even gave us the lobster we caught to eat that night for my Birthday dinner at the Blue Harbor House in Camden.
A truly special time...Thanks Captain!

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Went out with my wife and in-laws. Great time. Captain Jack knows the trade, knows the harbor and adds lots of spice to the experience. We loved the experience and will be back!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

He waited for us as we could not find parking. He greeted us with a big welcoming smile and we had such a blast. What a special treat to spend time in Maine like this. He makes the kids feel special and part of the catch. He gives you a feeling like you live there with him and you are now an official crew member working on his boat. The time on the ocean makes you more curious about what is around the next corner and a yearning to learn more. Before 20 min. pass you are pointing out his buoy's before the Cap can! Very exciting and educational. Learned a lot about the male and female lobster, how to recognize him or her, how to measure them, how to look for one with eggs or one that is "untouchable" - meaning a female who is a large producer and cannot be caught. Very nice experience, very nice man. I would've ran away with you capt. if I didn't have the kids with me!

1  Thank mommisalami
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We made reservations for a family of four for a Friday morning, and when we showed up, the owner, Captain Steve Hale, would not honor them. He went so far as to say that he didn't even remember taking the call, which happened three days before. We had two gift certificates for the adults, so he probably found 'paying' customers and we were bumped. He thought he was doing us a favor by telling us that we could wait a few hours and spots might open up on a later tour. It was a very unfortunate experience, and we won't be back.

3  Thank Peter M