“Great view, food average”
Review of The Landings

The Landings
Ranked #16 of 90 Restaurants in Rockland
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family-run restaurant on the water. We opened with new ownership and management in April 2013 and are ecstatic to be in this beautiful location with an amazing staff and delicious food. We serve only fresh, local seafood and we welcome locals and those "from away"! See you soon!
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Landings was our first stop for lunch as we arrived in Rockland for a few nights on a recent trip to Maine. Understanding that Rockland boasts quite the "foodie" scene, we were hopeful for a simple lunch with a beautiful view. The view indeed was very nice - we were seated a little further back on the deck but still got a partial view of the harbor. The service was good, the craft beer was good (although it was served in a "Hampton Inn" glass...which I didnt understand). I ordered the lobster roll and while the lobster itself was great, the roll wasn't the authentic buttered roll but more of a hoagie roll that had too much bread. My husband ordered the halibut sandwich which he had to send back as it wasnt cooked all the way. The server had no issue in making it right which we appreciated, but in the end my husband's comment was that it was average. Both entrees came with sweet potato fries which were very disappointing...very oily and not what we had hoped for. Cute place, we enjoyed the view and the casual laid back atmosphere but there needs to be a stronger focus on the food.

1  Thank styletraveler1967

Reviewed 15 July 2014

All was good but the Roasted Lobster Bisque but they did change it out of Haddock Chowder which was excellent. I had not heard of a Lobster Bisque tasting like this before. Three of us who tried it all thought is it was like the pot had burned on the bottom and just mixed that in with the rest. I asked if anyone actually liked it that way and the server said some do and some don't. If you are expecting lobster bisque anything like what you have had in the past, you probably shouldn't order this. Other items that were good: Oyster Po Boy, Crab Cakes, Caesar Salad and deserts.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

OMG the Fish and Chips are awesome. 3 large pieces of fresh caught haddock just a little breading. The funny thing is that I normally do not and will not eat fish But, this smelled and looked so good I had to try..IT WAS WONDERFUL..

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Went to The Landings after checking in at our hotel. First time there and we had great atmosphere, wonderful food ( mostly seafood) and our waitperson, Rachel, was very helpful. Aside from offering us great service with a great personality, she told us about a wonderful vineyard nearby, which we visited the next day. My husband had the trout special and I had scallops. Excellent dining experience.

1  Thank Patricia A
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I returned to The Landings this week for a touch of Maine coast, haddock chowder and Lobster roll. We had eaten here last year and drove from our summer home in Readfield for a delightful lunch.
We were delighted once again.
The waitstaff is very professional and most accommodating. The view over the harbor was pleasant with the scent of Rugosa roses in the air.
Delicious haddock chowder , tasty full lobster roll and a reasonable price.
Highly recommended
Close to Camden for a pleasant shopping experience to round out our day