“The most awful place i have ever ate at” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Landings
Ranked #15 of 86 Restaurants in Rockland
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, View, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family-run restaurant on the water. We opened with new ownership and management in April 2013 and are ecstatic to be in this beautiful location with an amazing staff and delicious food. We serve only fresh, local seafood and we welcome locals and those "from away"! See you soon!
Belfast, Maine
“The most awful place i have ever ate at”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My friends and I went there to eat .We waited almost 2 hours kept having to ask for our waitress ..When she finally got to us she was very rude .I ordered a steak well down after almost 2 hours it finally arrived it was raw .They sent it back but by the time it got back I was no longer hungry I asked to speak to the owner. The owner was just as rude as the waitress. She informed me she was not taking anything off the bill .I went to pay and told her I was not paying for the steak she called the police .I told the officer what happened and he went and talked to her he said it was a civil thing but told me just to pay it so I did .Also there salad had a sprig of thyme it looked like a stick I almost choked on it ,I would not recommend the Landings in Rockland Maine to anyone .

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank rose704

South Berwick, Maine
“Amazing Accommodations for Group Gatherings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I worked with Molly from The Landings to plan a rehearsal dinner for the weekend of my wedding. Throughout the planning process, Molly worked with me to create a wonderful event, within my budget, which attended to the dietary restrictions and preferences of my guests. She and I went back and forth a few times, as we created the perfect menu. Molly was professional, courteous, and prompt in all of her communication with me. She also assured that linens were taken care of and even attended to our color scheme request. The upstairs space was reserved for our event, as was the upstairs balcony. Our guests had plenty of space to gather and move about. The setting was a perfect place to connect our two sides of friends and families!

The food was served hot and our guests were able to order their selection the evening of our event. The food was enjoyed by all of our guests. I heard many compliments on all of the meal selections which we had chosen.

The price for the evening was reasonable and Molly had prepared a very detailed, itemized quote for me once we had firmed up all of the food & beverage options. The evening of the dinner when we were presented the final bill, there we absolutely no surprises. Everything worked out exactly as Molly had projected it would - to the penny!

If you are in the area, looking for a location to host a group function, this is definitely the place to go! Call Molly!

2 Thank EricaStofanak
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Landed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Beautiful location. Decent food, a typical tourist price. Good service and the weather was awesome. Staff was friendly. Food was very good. Good walk to downtown though. If you park there, it is a putt to get to main street.

Visited July 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Cute Waterfront Restaurant - Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We sort of stumbled on this place while looking for waterfront dining. I quickly checked Trip Advisor and found it to be a go.

The restaurant is rather charming. It's almost like being in someone's home. We were there around 1:30 on Thursday. They said there was a ten minute wait to Fe seated to let the kitchen catch up. After about five minutes, we asked to be seated to wait.

It has a nice view of a pretty typical Maine waterfront. Nice and quiet. But looks like live music outside on some nights.

Food was good. He had the lobster bisque which get really liked. Other reviewers didn't like it. But the server warned it was different. I had a lobster risotto. It was tasty and gluten free. Service was nice but slow.

We enjoyed it and were glad we stopped.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Great view, food average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Landings was our first stop for lunch as we arrived in Rockland for a few nights on a recent trip to Maine. Understanding that Rockland boasts quite the "foodie" scene, we were hopeful for a simple lunch with a beautiful view. The view indeed was very nice - we were seated a little further back on the deck but still got a partial view of the harbor. The service was good, the craft beer was good (although it was served in a "Hampton Inn" glass...which I didnt understand). I ordered the lobster roll and while the lobster itself was great, the roll wasn't the authentic buttered roll but more of a hoagie roll that had too much bread. My husband ordered the halibut sandwich which he had to send back as it wasnt cooked all the way. The server had no issue in making it right which we appreciated, but in the end my husband's comment was that it was average. Both entrees came with sweet potato fries which were very disappointing...very oily and not what we had hoped for. Cute place, we enjoyed the view and the casual laid back atmosphere but there needs to be a stronger focus on the food.

• 3 of 5 bubbles