“Fresh and unique”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Cafe Miranda has been located in downtown Rockland, Maine since 1993. We offer a vast menu of wood-fired oven, seasonal & adventurous ethnic dishes using locally harvested ingredients from our own farm. Come by and join us for lunch or dinner seven days a week and brunch on Sunday. Reservations are suggested for dinner. Lunch and breakfast walk-ins only. See our website for menus.
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Our service was outstanding. Very friendly and attentive. The 4 of us agreed with her recommendations. Drinks were excellent. The fresh pasta was extremely good flavor. I had the lobster special we also had the pasta classic both were outstanding. The lobster was served with shaved goat cheese - mild and a good compliment to the dish. They were happy to substitute the goat cheese with Romano in the classic dish. We also had an order of gentile haddock which was also outstanding. My wife got the chops and apple dish which looked great however the pork chops were over cooked and dry. My wife tended to think the whole dish was rather flavorless.
Overall not a bad value. We accumulated a good bill only because of all the drinks and apps we had. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We've been vacationing in the area for years now, and this was our first visit to a local legend. It won't be our last! The premises are small and charmingly quirky on a side street off the main drag in Rockland, right down to the ninja flamingos by the front stoop. The menu is enormous, as are the portions. We visited twice in a week to double our opportunity to try things. There are all cuisine types, from classic comfort food to asian-inspired to a section called My Italian Grandmother. (I'm from Jersey and we have good Italian restaurants on every corner, so I didn't sample these.) Definitely ask how spicy a dish is before ordering, even if the menu doesn't indicate something will be spicy. They are known for their stir fry, for instance, and my brother-in-law ordered it but couldn't eat more than half because of the heat level even though he enjoys moderately spicy food. The brisket my husband ordered (Oak Street Roadhouse), which has jalapeno grits and poblano peppers, was rich and saucy with a nice tang in the bbq, yet was mild enough for someone who doesn't want the heat. Favorites of the gang were the fish and chips (my sister-in-law raved, but could only eat about half because there was just a mountain of food), chicken liver appetizer, brussel sprout appetizer (really - I wouldn't have predicted that, either), the fried tomatoes, and the duck (Deconstructed Cassolet). Leftovers don't do me much good on vacation, so I ordered appetizers for an entree both times. The steak app was awesome and just the right amount of food after sharing salad and another appetizer, and the risotto was delicious but I still couldn't eat it all. Mind you, we were hiking and kayaking and not of small appetite! Oh, and I'd be remiss not to mention the sangria, knowledgeable service, and the well-oiled machine that is the staff. They were really rocking in the kitchen, and it shows in the food.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This place has a good brunch. Maybe try the veggie frittata if your looking for something light or go for a big plate of bacon!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Th Farnsworth Museum gift shop employees suggested this cafe to us. It was a little hidden off the main strip, so you have to look for it down the side street. It was pretty busy, which is always a good sign. The menu has a lot of variety, asian, Mexican, American flair. Our food was great! Each bite had great seasoning and you could tell that the chef paid close attention to carefully crafting the perfect flavors.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Come prepared to experience new (and sometimes unusual) options for lunch or dinner. If you take an extra moment to visualize a menu item before ordering, you'll make better choices.