“Good food and a decent value”
Review of Park Street Grille

Park Street Grille
Ranked #25 of 89 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
“Good food and a decent value”
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

We have been there a couple of times and quite enjoyed it. There is a tex-mex spin to the menu, and if that's what you're up for, you'll have a good time! While I don't remember this myself, I have heard that you get charged extra if you want more chips....

• Visited September 2012

Warren
“Consistently good specials and drinks”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I really love park street grille, I've probably been here 20 - 30 times and have never had a bad meal or experience here. Someone else said that the cooks here look like 'seconds in a pirate flick', which is mildly offensive. Anyone who can make a kickass scallop ceasar salad, and perfectly pan sear haddock... can wear whatever they want. I always order off the specials menu, because it is so consistently delicious and fresh. The drinks are great, and the staff has always been more than welcoming.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Emily D
Milan, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Park Street Grille...Try it, you'll like it!”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We had the pleasure of dining at Park St. Grille again last night. Being new to Maine this restaurant came to us through a neighbors recommendation. When they mentioned that Park St. Grille had great Mexican dishes as well as steaks, burgers and seafood, we were anxious to give it a try. We had our first visit exactly a week before our second. It was that good. On the first visit we started off with Fire Roasted Jalapenos. Jalapeno's stuffed with a chipotle, chicken and cheese and then lightly battered and fried. They were ok. I don't tend to eat a lot of fried food. For an entree we each had the Surf n' Turf Fajitas with marinated flank steak and huge shrimp. They were incredibly delicious and as we were inhaling them we said that splitting one entree would have probably been sufficient. The portions are huge! We could barely move once we managed to put down the appetizers, the entrees and a pitcher+ of really tasty raspberry margaritas. We were wrong to think that our Mexican craving was gone for awhile after that first visit because we found ourselves back there last night, a week later, for round two. I wish I got the waitresses name because she was there both nights and she's fantastic. She knows the menu inside and out, she's warm and personable and a lot of fun....and she even remembered us! So on her recommendation we tried a seared scallop salad appetizer that Pete in the kitchen was kind enough to split up on 2 plates for us. It was amazing. Two fresh marinated scallops atop a bed of mixed greens, red onions and avocado dressed with a yummy vinaigrette. Just writing this makes me wish I had another. It was delicious. For entrees, also a great suggestion from our server, we each had the Crab Melt Quesadilla. A grilled tomato-basil tortilla filled with jack cheese, crab meat, fresh guacamole & tomatoes. Served with sour cream & house salsa. So yummy. Lighter than the previous weeks meal but just as big a portion. Of course this enabled us to think we still had room for the much talked about fried ice cream. So glad we tried it, it was a nice way to finish off a great meal. And yes, we STILL managed to polish off yet another pitcher of those tasty raspberry margaritas and even ordered two more once the pitcher was gone. As I write this now, I find it hard to believe we consumed the volume of food and drink we did but I have to say, it was all delicious. We travel a few miles and pass quite a few restaurant's on our way to The Park Street Grille in Rockland but we've really enjoyed the meals we've had there and hope to enjoy plenty more. Maybe next time I'll turn the page and order one of the steaks, burgers or a seafood dish but those South of the Border meals have been delicious. Great food, great service, decent prices. Try it.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank jnjrdn5255
Maine, New York
“Look Homeward, Sweet Angel....”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Because you'll get better food if you go home and make it yourself. I had one good meal here--the fish tacos, but on my second visit, it was blasphemously, contemptibly bad. The service started out taking way too long to seat us. The waitress was good, and funny, but the food wasn't right. It came to the table late and cold. The cooks look like seconds in a pirate flick. If you order carefully, you might get a good meal here--I mean it is possible of course, it being a restaurant and all...but I will never go back. Sorry, Park Street...sniff..but I'm the injured party.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank peter k
Rockland, Maine, United States
“Good value, great service ,great fun!”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Although I frequent many dinning places over the seasons in Maine,my favorite local place to eat in Rockland,ME is the park ST. grill. The reason being is the price value for what you recieve,this is not a high end or fancy place,if I had to decribe the athmosphere and menue ,southwestern comes to mind ,with a unique flair! the menue is value priced the portions are very genorious and the food is always fresh and cooked just has you has you ordered. The staff is fun and friendly and very acomadating. The bar is well stocked with great micros brews form Maine and wines from New england and away. If a Margaritia is what you want,than say no more ,they have the best Margaritias I have ever tasted and had the pleashure to lay my eys on! there great ! served the correct way in huge Margaritia glass with your choice of Tequiila.This place can be get crowed,so if you arrive after say 6pm thier might be a bit of a wait for a table ,mabye 15 min or so,but the staff will do what it takes to accomadate you and youre guests, you can relax at the bar and have a drink. The wait will be well worth it. Great food,great value,great staff!,great price!

• Visited December 2012