“Well worth your time, especially if you love lighthouses!”

Maine Lighthouse Museum
Ranked #3 of 38 things to do in Rockland
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a great place to spend 2 or 3 hours, especially if you have a rainy day when inside activities area must. Our one day of rain was spent learning about the history of the lighthouse, the role of the coast guard in that history and so much more. One of the largest displays of Fresnel lights we have ever seen and since it is in the same building as the chamber of commerce for Rockland we could check out other area attractions and get information.

1  Thank 2JayB2

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Easily spend two hours looking at the displays. Volunteers were also informative. Good value for the money.

1  Thank MadridIAtraveler
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was my second visit to the museum and even more exhibits have been added since I was last there. The Maine Lighthouse Museum is rich in lighthouse and maritime history and a real credit to its late founder, Ken Black. I love the many lighthouse replicas that are featured here as well as the museum's very nice collection of Fresnel lenses in various orders and sizes. This is definitely a must-visit if you are in the Rockland area.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Worth a stop - we spent an hour at this museum. The displays are very interesting and well presented. There is a lot of technical information but the stories of the lives of the light house keepers are also really well presented and very interesting.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

If you enjoy learning about history you will love this place, but as for me I didn't love it as much as my husband did.