“Overpriced for what you get!”
Review of Sunfire Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Sunfire Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I was very disappointed with this restaurant! First, I have never been to a Mexican restaurant where they did not bring over chips and salsa while I waited for my meal! Second, when I saw the menu, I was surprised by the prices, but I was hungry and thought this meant good portions. I was so wrong. The food was average and the portions were very small. I arrived hungry and left hungry..and I have never had that happen at a Mexican restaurant.

2  Thank Doris P

Reviewed 3 December 2012

was not a happy camper in visiting this restaurant. The taste of the food was "average" but the portions were in my opinion small. I will say that I was very hungry when I arrived but did not feel satisfied when I left. AND I have been eating Mexican food (just love it!) for many, many years and this was a first for me when chips and salsa (when you arrive) was not included in the meal price. Really??? I will stick to my restaurants down here in southern Maine.

I will not be returning.

2  Thank Paula L
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My wife and I needed a quick turnaround meal in order to catch a movie. Sunfire Grill understood what that meant and satisfied us to a "T". Great meal, fish tacos of course, and a plate of nachos for starters. Reasonable prices and we saw three couples that we had seen in a while, so it was a great experience. We plan to patronize them again.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Stopped here for lunch on my way up to Ellsworth from Portland. The place is clean and the service was fast. I had the Super Burrito which was fantastic. Prices are decent. I would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank katie123064
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We love Mexican food but were focusing on seafood in this beautiful coastal town. Opting for a change from fish, we took a chance on the only Mexican restaurant in town. Good choice! We were pleasantly surprised by the variety, quality and authenticity of the menu. Expressing our surprise to our attentive server, we were told that the restaurant is owned and operated by a couple from California who know the Mexican scene well. Mystery solved. My burrito, salad and side dish of re-fried beans were as good as I have had in more typical locations. My wife took a chance on the torta special and was delighted with the freshness and flavor. We ordered the a la carte guacamole appetizer also - creamy and fresh with a little bite. Our only quibble with this eatery was that there was a charge for the usually gratuitous chips and salsa.

2  Thank DocSkier