“Bueno!”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
South Florida, Florida
“Bueno!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Just amazed to discover that a single Mexican restaurant far up the coast of Maine can boast of a quality of food that would rival eateries in Florida, Texas or California. A really good sign that we will be served quality Mexican is the sometimes-perfunctory chips and salsa. Nothing perfunctory here. They are crisp, tasty and oven-warmed, accompanied by a hearty salsa and a smooth, flavorful guacamole. I had the fish tacos - lots of fish with cheese, cilantro and sauce in a soft taco. My wife had the Mexican salad - huge serving with avocados and stripped corn kernels over greens with a piquant dressing. Good selection of beers - with a few more than the usual suspects. Cozy atmosphere and very pleasant service. Come to Maine for great Mexican - believe it!

• Visited August 2013

Cambridge, MA
“¡Qué sabroso!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Very clean, cool place with pleasing Mexican decor and delicious food. We stopped in for lunch and found the service and the food to be excellent.

• Visited July 2013
Camden, Maine
“better than your average mexican,,SUPER FRESH”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I don't think many of the average mexican greasy spoon lovers will get this place because they don't serve old chips and salsa from a can before you get the heart burn special that gives you acid reflux for the afternoon,,what they do is prepare fresh,and i mean fresh clean healthy mexican that is seasoned well and presented artfully,,I just read the last two reviews and i eat here a few times a year,,go back to your taco bell shacks and enjoy your next bypass operation,,if you want it done well and with a new kinda spin try sunfire,,and one more thing,,they are the cleanest place I believe i have ever been in,,from the restrooms to the kitchen which is open for all to see,,

• Visited February 2013
Biddeford, Maine
“Overpriced for what you get!”
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I was very disappointed with this restaurant! First, I have never been to a Mexican restaurant where they did not bring over chips and salsa while I waited for my meal! Second, when I saw the menu, I was surprised by the prices, but I was hungry and thought this meant good portions. I was so wrong. The food was average and the portions were very small. I arrived hungry and left hungry..and I have never had that happen at a Mexican restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Doris P
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Sorry, but I ..”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

was not a happy camper in visiting this restaurant. The taste of the food was "average" but the portions were in my opinion small. I will say that I was very hungry when I arrived but did not feel satisfied when I left. AND I have been eating Mexican food (just love it!) for many, many years and this was a first for me when chips and salsa (when you arrive) was not included in the meal price. Really??? I will stick to my restaurants down here in southern Maine.

I will not be returning.

• Visited November 2012