“Pass on this Pho Food Truck”
Review of Pho Sizzle - CLOSED

Pho Sizzle
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Weston, Florida
“Pass on this Pho Food Truck”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

First of all the owner Tom Pham is very friendly and I would love to be able to give him a more positive review but the best part of the meal was looking at the menu and ordering. I ordered 2 large Pho Beef Noodles, 2 shrimp spring rolls and a fresh halibut platter with rice and sauce.

Pho Noodles - The "large" Pho at a price of $10 is slightly higher than real restaurants however the portion is about 1/4 of what normal restaurants serve. There is not enough broth and the beef was so chewy it was barely edible; in fact we had to throw most of it away. When I asked him for more broth he had the nerve to charge me extra.

Shrimp Springrolls - These were the best part of the meal however they were still not as good as a real restaurant would serve. In addition the price was DOUBLE what a real restaurant charges.

Halibut platter - The fresh grilled halibut was "ok" but it was drowned in too much fish sauce.

All in all the experience was not the worst but I would definitely not recommend ever trying the food truck. The value was poor and the food quality was below par. Rockland is a tourist trap so I am sure many more tourists will keep coming but as for locals if they keep coming back it is only because they do not know what a decent Pho restaurant should taste like!!!

3 Thank Robert R

Rockland, Maine
“Hurry Before It's "Discovered"....”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I walk almost every day along the harbor in Rockland. Just a few weeks ago a vision appeared in Buoy Park (adjacent to the Police Plaza) -- a gorgeous new food truck offering Vietnamese food. I have been a regular since its soft opening. Almost every day I stop by to check out the menu and I've planned pick-ups to take to friends for lunch or dinner. One friend, who was a Red Cross nurse in Vietnam, declared the traditional Pho excellent. I'm hoping that Tom finds the right bread for his Banh Mi because the first few days he was serving them I thought they were excellent even though he didn't. A few days ago he offered a sublime Tomato Egg Drop Soup. Today I bought Spring Rolls which, along with his take on "Nuoc Cham" for dipping, were excellent. There is an array of condiments and traditional fresh aromatic herbs (scallions, cucumbers, basil, mint, cilantro, etc.) which you can add as you like to your take away order. This is a great addition to our Rockland food scene. I recommend it highly.

3 Thank Lynne B
Rockland
“Shiny new food truck delivers the flavor!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

"Pho Sizzle" is a brand new shiny yellow (and red and black) Vietnamese food truck happily serving lucky diners at Buoy Park on the Rockland waterfront. Barely a week old and destined for a warmer shore come fall - one ought not miss the opportunity to dip ones toe (okay...maybe a finger) into the Vietnamese cuisine offered here! I admit I have nothing to compare it to - but hey, it's wicked (groan) good! It really is! Crazy fresh flavors - appropriate condiments to gild the lily to your hearts content .... helpful advice from the gentleman inside. So far the gang and I have tried the egg rolls, the spring rolls with the most amazing cup of sauce, the rice bowl with pork belly, the Beef Pho soup, and the Vermicelli with beef. The vegetarian among us lost out - she got over it. (By the way, if you live close by and can wait to get it home - he does have covers so you don't ruin the upholstery....) Cash only.

1 Thank Midcoastmainemom