“Friendly & Good”

Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Description: Claws specializes in offering the highest quality fresh local seafood, prepared with vintage Maine recipes, all at reasonable prices. Enjoy panoramic views of Rockland Harbor as you dine on our beautiful deck at picnic tables with bright umbrellas. We also can pack all of our menu items for take-out. Call in your order in advance or simply order in person. Serving beer and wine and featuring several local labels. New for 2015 - now serving fried seafood! Try our amazing "Boats" filled with fried clams, scallops, haddock or shrimp along with our home made French fries and coleslaw. Lobster dinners, lobster mac 'n cheese, steamers, crab cakes, lobster bisque, Angus burgers, chicken sandwiches - everything is made with care and from scratch.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Just wanted some Lobster but decided to go with Mack & Lobster. Very good and lasted several meals for my wife and I. Notice the whole lobster pricing was the best around.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The lobster mac and cheese absolutely was one of the most fabulous things the entire family has experienced. The portions are large, the prices are a great value and the service is quick and very kind. The owner is super sweet and actively works to make her recipes better each time you eat there (we stopped twice and got the same thing as well as other food to try the selections), she actually asked which night the mac and cheese was better of if we liked one night's lobster mac more. The second night the lobster special for the soft shell lobsters was one of the best meals (and deals) we had on vacation. The service was so good that they offered to leave the lobsters in the pot to keep them warm while the rest of the family went to change at our hotel because the evening was got pretty chilly. Overall the experience was pretty fabulous.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I had an enjoyable lunch here earlier this week. We both had the lobster rolls which were excellent. They were a tad bit more expensive than other rolls around - but I feel the quality made up for it. The staff were warm and friendly and the seating area was nice with a lovely view. We especially appreciate that dogs were made to feel welcome as we are traveling with two. I heartily recommend trying Claws.

2  Thank Brandie_in_Boston
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This lobster shack came highly recommended so we drove up to check it out. The service was quick and friendly. The haddock sandwich was declared the best ever had. There was a garlic sauce on it that received rave reviews. I had lobster Mac and cheese. I would not order it again. What lobster meat was in it was small pieces. Several of those small pieces came from the small legs. The pasta seemed over cooked. I left feel like I wanted some good lobster. I should have stuck with a lobster roll.

1  Thank LV2travelmore
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Fun lobster shack experience. I had the lobster roll, it was heaped with meat for $16. Beware that they don't serve fried foods, so if you are in the mood for french fries or fried haddock, look elsewhere. The lemonade was good, they also serve other juices, soda, beer, and wine. The wait for our food was reasonable. Nice outdoor seating area overlooking the Rockland harbor. Don't miss the bathroom!