“Memorable”
Review of Berry Manor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockland
Berry Manor Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Rockland B&B and Inns
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Memorable”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I finally sat down to write some reviews on TripAdvisor and the first one I felt compelled to add was about this fantastic B&B. It's been more than a year since our last visit, but we remember very fondly of the region, Berry Manor Inn, and its amazing cherry pie.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from our second stay at the Berry Manor Inn and it truly never disappoints. We always feel so welcomed when we arrive and Cheryl, Mike, Lori and the rest of the BMI staff always goes above and beyond to make the stay great. Our bed is always turned down when we return from being out (even if we're not gone for very long) and the staff makes it very clear to let them know if you need anything at all. The staff is also so great at setting up outings (this time we went to Hope Elephants which we loved and highly recommend to anyone visiting the area) and providing directions. They have great tips on what is going on in the area and what we should check out (restaurants, hiking, craft shows, you name it). Breakfast is always so delicious (this time we had broccoli and cheddar frittata one day and belgian waffles with blueberry sauce the next, to die for!). We love the Rockland/Camden area and hate checking out of the Berry Manor Inn when it's time to go home (we always joke that we're just going to move in to save us the hassle of leaving). Overall, you really can't beat the quality of service you get when you stay here. I look forward to returning again!

Room Tip: Room 12 in the carriage house is so amazing! A two-person jacuzzi and a two-person jetted shower mak...
1 Thank zk18
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 18 November 2013

When have you ever checked into a B&B or anyplace for that matter and before checking in have been shown the Inn and the breakfast menu and then asked questions such as "What were you thinking for dinner"?...here's a menu. I can suggest this for that and so on....do you have any food allergies...would you like a cab? Can I call and make reservations for you?

Then you are shown your room...beautiful and beautifully appointed...ridiculous...a great value...oh and btw... a fridge with complimentary water, soda and homemade pies in the guest kitchen.

The staff sets it all up and finishes it off. The most polite we've ever encountered. Keep in mind we travel six months a year and we are in the retail business so we have a clue.

If you are going to visit the Camden-Rockland area or anywhere near by we HIGHLY suggest that you try the Berry Manor Inn. You WON'T be disappointed.

Scott & Gina
Newport RI

1 Thank srpp1970
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

All of our expectations for a perfect night in coastal Maine were exceeded by the amenities and staff at the awesome Berry Manor Inn. It was an architectural wonder of a structure, beautifully appointed, gracious and comfortable to experience, and a most happy and playful spot to spend precious vacation time. The owners keep it all light and friendly, don't take themselves too seriously but uncannyingly pay attention to even the smallest of details. I was so impressed that I wrote off to purchase a back issue of Down East magazine (10/04) in order to have my own copy of the smart writeup of the Inn. (It was in good company along with an adjoining article on the Maine arrival that year of the Queen Mary 2 which my wife and I honeymooned on in 2005.)
Good food, upbeat conversation, gracious attention to detail - a perfect 66th birthday overnight.

1 Thank alan401
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

All the staff here are so friendly - Lori and Angie are genuinely interested in your day and the owners Mike and Cheryl have succeeded in making this a very comfortable Inn. The Inn has lots of reception rooms to explore with plenty of books, magazines, games,DVDs and jigsaws to keep you interested in your down time. Our bedroom had the most gorgeous bed with sumptuous bed linen, a welcome gas fire for chilly nights and a delightful bathroom with superior toiletries. Breakfast is different every day and beautifully presented and Mike lightens the atmosphere with a different hat every day - good talking point with other guests! However the highlight of our day were Cheryl's pies - Blueberry, Cherry and Raspberry! We really looked forward to those every day - both of us favoured the Blueberry.
Hopefully we will be back and we have recommended the Inn to friends who intend to visit Maine.

• Stayed October 2013
Rockland, Maine
Reviewed 2 November 2013

There are many reasons I would recommend the Berry Manor Inn (luxurious beds, amazing tub and shower, delicious breakfast and - of course - the pies and Gifford's ice cream), but the biggest may be the care they take. When I arrived, I mentioned that I didn't care for the breakfast they were offering. They offered me an alternative that suited me fine. The next morning, my breakfast was delivered along with a raspberry muffin. My was delighted but wondered how they know I love raspberry. Then it hit me - I had expressed a lot of interest in the raspberry pie. Now that level of attention is amazing. Made me feel completely pampered on my mini-retreat!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
New Harbor, Maine
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We found The Berry Manor Inn to be absolutely wonderful! The attention to details by the staff added to the already beautiful physical environment. We will definitely will return. 5 STARS!

Jim & Sally New Harbor, Maine

Room Tip: Extremely comfortable bed, gas fireplace, Jacuzzi and wow what a shower Room 12 a must if availabl...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
Rockland Harbor Hotel
LimeRock Inn
LimeRock Inn
#2 of 8 in Rockland
Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Been to Berry Manor Inn? Share your experiences!