“Excellent sushi in warm, friendly atmosphere”
Review of Suzuki's Sushi Bar

Suzuki's Sushi Bar
Ranked #18 of 88 Restaurants in Rockland
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Pennsylvania
“Excellent sushi in warm, friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We eat sushi many places on the east coast and this is definitely one of the best. The service is always lovely and the space feels contemporary and cozy at the same time. But the freshness of the seafood and superb taste is why we keep returning. Suzuki's is not a "bargain" sushi place, but truth be told, with sushi, you get what you pay for. The prices are more than fair for what you get at Suzuki, and the delicacy of the taste is unrivaled. If you need or want big quantities of food for your money, this may not be the place for you. If you want top notch sushi, then check it out by all means.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank KonaBearBean

Washington, Maine
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Let me start off by saying that I had high expectations coming to a restaurant with an almost perfect 5 star review here on Tripadvisor. I feel for lack of a better word, raped.

I took my girlfriend here on a date, we ordered the Special Omakase Assortment for one, a Rockland Roll and the Crab Cakes.

The way the assortment was described I thought that I was getting a decent amount of food..boy was I wrong. In the assortment I received 3 pieces of nigiri, a tuna roll, a scallop, a silver dollar sized monk fish liver pate, 2 very thin slices of eel and a hand roll (which as far as I could tell was about 75% white rice. The rest of the plate (over half) was covered in garnish. The Rockland Roll was good, not great. No real complaints here, just didn't hit the spot.

The Crab Cakes where terrible. They where mushy and smothered in what tasted like soy sauce. We could not taste anything but the sauce. There where scarce vegetables below them, followed by about a pound of white rice. For $22 what we got was insane.

The waiter, however was excellent! One of my only complaints at a restaurant is typically that the waiter/waitress is at our table very 2 minutes asking how everything is. This waiter was perfect. I noticed that he very sneakily swiped the wrapper from our chop sticks, so sneakily that my girlfriend didn't even notice. My water was never empty or even half empty for that matter!

To sum everything up, I spent almost $100 (a week worth of groceries) on a scotch, a bowl of rice with very little veggies and a mushy crab cake on top, 2 rolls, 3 pieces of nigiri, a scallop, a hand roll, 2 thin slices of eel and a small small piece of monk fish liver pate.

For an example. We recently went to Yosaku in Portland and where able to get 2 bowls of miso soup, hot tea, a bottle of sake, 6 rolls, and 9 pieces of sashimi for just over $50 with tip.

I have always left a sushi restaurant holding my stomach saying I ate too much, and licking my lips. I left here hungry and debating whether or not to go to Mr. Wats. I feel terrible having to write a review like this, but I really do not want someone else having the same experience as we did.

If you are in the mood for sushi, go to Mr. Wats in Camden. If you are walking down Main Street in Rockland, go to 3 Crow.

• Visited March 2014
Center Barnstead, New Hampshire
“My favorite place for Sushi.”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The sushi is simply incredible here! I've had sushi all around the US, and this is the best I've ever had. If you like sushi, you'll love it here! Trust the skill of the chef and the creativity of the house, they've never steered me wrong.

Visited February 2014
Miami Beach, Florida
“Best sushi!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

The fish here is sourced locally if possible. The rice is the perfect consistency. The chef/owner makes many seasonally available dishes. The miso soup flavor changes daily and is always lovely. The presentation is elegant. It is one of my favorite sushi restaurants from Miami to New York. Suzuki's is a must try.

2 Thank Blacktrumpet
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Scrummy Sushi”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Delicious selection, friendly staff. I have been to many a sushi restaurant I have to say I really enjoyed their local twists on classics.

Visited January 2014