“Great sushi in Rockland!”
Review of Suzuki's Sushi Bar

Suzuki's Sushi Bar
Ranked #24 of 89 Restaurants in Rockland
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Weston, Florida
“Great sushi in Rockland!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We went to eat sushi after eating oysters and lobster rolls as appetizers next door at Lobsterman's (great oysters & lobster rolls). We ordered the omacase for 2 which was absolutely delicious! The best part is it is very unique as opposed to the normal sushi assortment. Can't beat the quality but for the money I think it'd take 2 orders for 2 to really make a meal. I'd definitely recommend visiting here if you are in town and love sushi.

• Visited June 2014

Kent, UK
“Very impressive”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is a little gem waiting to be found on Main St. We were greeted very warmly and they managed to find us a table even though we hadn't booked on a Saturday night. We treated ourselves to the omikase for two with a few crab and salmon sushi rolls on the side. What a delicious treat made from beautifully fresh ingredients. A great find!

2 Thank KentishTourists
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was a great meal, fast pleasant service. It is a small restaurant, so seating is limited. very clean, The food was amazing a bit pricy though

Visited March 2014
1 Thank kelly4360
Pennsylvania
“Excellent sushi in warm, friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We eat sushi many places on the east coast and this is definitely one of the best. The service is always lovely and the space feels contemporary and cozy at the same time. But the freshness of the seafood and superb taste is why we keep returning. Suzuki's is not a "bargain" sushi place, but truth be told, with sushi, you get what you pay for. The prices are more than fair for what you get at Suzuki, and the delicacy of the taste is unrivaled. If you need or want big quantities of food for your money, this may not be the place for you. If you want top notch sushi, then check it out by all means.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank KonaBearBean
Washington, Maine
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Let me start off by saying that I had high expectations coming to a restaurant with an almost perfect 5 star review here on Tripadvisor. I feel for lack of a better word, raped.

I took my girlfriend here on a date, we ordered the Special Omakase Assortment for one, a Rockland Roll and the Crab Cakes.

The way the assortment was described I thought that I was getting a decent amount of food..boy was I wrong. In the assortment I received 3 pieces of nigiri, a tuna roll, a scallop, a silver dollar sized monk fish liver pate, 2 very thin slices of eel and a hand roll (which as far as I could tell was about 75% white rice. The rest of the plate (over half) was covered in garnish. The Rockland Roll was good, not great. No real complaints here, just didn't hit the spot.

The Crab Cakes where terrible. They where mushy and smothered in what tasted like soy sauce. We could not taste anything but the sauce. There where scarce vegetables below them, followed by about a pound of white rice. For $22 what we got was insane.

The waiter, however was excellent! One of my only complaints at a restaurant is typically that the waiter/waitress is at our table very 2 minutes asking how everything is. This waiter was perfect. I noticed that he very sneakily swiped the wrapper from our chop sticks, so sneakily that my girlfriend didn't even notice. My water was never empty or even half empty for that matter!

To sum everything up, I spent almost $100 (a week worth of groceries) on a scotch, a bowl of rice with very little veggies and a mushy crab cake on top, 2 rolls, 3 pieces of nigiri, a scallop, a hand roll, 2 thin slices of eel and a small small piece of monk fish liver pate.

For an example. We recently went to Yosaku in Portland and where able to get 2 bowls of miso soup, hot tea, a bottle of sake, 6 rolls, and 9 pieces of sashimi for just over $50 with tip.

I have always left a sushi restaurant holding my stomach saying I ate too much, and licking my lips. I left here hungry and debating whether or not to go to Mr. Wats. I feel terrible having to write a review like this, but I really do not want someone else having the same experience as we did.

If you are in the mood for sushi, go to Mr. Wats in Camden. If you are walking down Main Street in Rockland, go to 3 Crow.

• Visited March 2014