Stayed in room 411 for two nights. Suite with king bed and large private patio. Beautiful ocean and golf course view, even in the dead of winter.
Check in was easy and pleasant. No offer to help with bags. Ate in restaurant twice and had room service twice - food was good, not great. Room was clean and bedding was good quality. Not enough plugs for electronics, but it's not really a business hotel. Room service menu states that breakfast is served all day - but person taking order said that's a misprint. Bummer.
It was school vacation week and there was a wedding, so it was much busier than expected for Maine in February. The place was teeming with kids, but once in our room we heard nothing.
The TVs (2) are flat screen, but pretty small by today's standards. There's a Keurig coffeemaker + small fridge which is always appreciated.
Had two treatments at the spa. The treatments were v. good but the spa is really small. So you can hear people in the waiting room while getting a massage, even if they're being quiet. Not ideal. And the waiting area is super small, too, which was awkward.
All in all a lovely minbreak in a Maine winter that won't quit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockport, ME resort and golf course located on the coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Agoda, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Samoset Resort On The Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samoset Resort On The Ocean Hotel Rockport
- Samoset Hotel Rockport
- Samoset Resort On The Ocean Rockport, Maine