“Another great weekend away!”

Samoset Resort On The Ocean
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I just want to say how happy I was this weekend. I brought my daughter, now 28 and 3 grandchildren to our annual birthday trip to the Samoset. My daughter has been coming here since before she was born! We go every year for her birthday and sometimes in between. Both my children have bough at least 1 timeshare. It goes to show what a family orientated resort this is.
On Friday we arrived early because we had small children and knew they would need a nap soon. The general manager went out of his way to get us in a room as quickly as possible. Then when we went to the pool he had toys for the kids. He went over and above as did other staff. hope this will be shared with the GM in Rockport. Thank you

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. The ones with the ocean view are spectacular! the sun coming up over the w...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Connie R, General Manager at Samoset Resort On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Debbie e,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to read of your three-generation family visit to the Samoset. It is wonderful that all of you have been able to make family memories by both staying in the resort and the timeshare units.

I was happy to assist you personally with an early check-in when you arrived. I remember when my own children were small how important nap schedules were, for the kids and the adultsalike, even when on vacation. I hope everyone had a great time swimming in the indoor pool.

Cornelius J. Russell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was at least my 10th stay at this fabulous property and I have never been disappointed. We took advantage of a BOGO at half off offer. When we arrived I was informed that we were upgraded to an oceanfront king suite! And how sweet it was. The rooms were beautifully furnished, spacious and totally comfortable. The view of the breakwater, lighthouse and islands is spectacular. Each staff that we encountered was helpful, upbeat and engaging. We ate one breakfast and 2 dinners at the hotel. The hot oatmeal brulee with fresh fruit and walnuts is a great way to start the day. Dinner seated at the Enoteca bar was delicious (salads are super fresh and tasty, the bread to die for and the sauces yummy) and entertaining as we watched two chefs prepare gourmet pizzas and other appetizers. The lobby is cozy yet stunning with a huge fireplace, exposed beams and leather furniture. Can't wait to return next month!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully furnished but oceanfront rooms can't be beat.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 140PatP

Dear 140PatP,

We are honored and grateful you continue to choose to return to the Samoset year after year. Our winter season specials, such as the Buy One Night Get the 2nd Night 50% Off, is a great way to enjoy the many amenities we have available during winter. It was certainly our pleasure to upgrade you to an ocean view king suite. Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed our excellent dining options in both La Bella Vita and Enoteca, too. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed as exhibitors for the Fishermen's forum at the Samoset. Rooms very nice and beautiful view. Employees very helpful and accommodating throughout the hotel. Room service, dining staff and housekeeping staff were very nice. Enjoyed the experience!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Alice W,

Thank you for your supportive review of the Samoset. It is always a pleasure to welcome attendees and vendors back to the annual Fishermen’s Forums each spring. We hope you return someday when you won’t need to be working while visiting.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed at the Samoset for [3] three days and my Grand Daughter had her wedding there. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. The views from all rooms were overlooking the water and the sunrise was spectacular !!! The food served in the dinning room and room service was very good and the staff was very cordial and very friendly. I was very impressed with with the Samoset and will stay there again and often !!! They did a GREAT JOB for my Grand Daughters Wedding !!!

Room Tip: With a room with water view you can't go wrong

Dear Lee B,

We love watching families and friends plan and then enjoy weddings at the Samoset Resort. It is always such a wonderful time of celebration and we are honored to be trusted with helping everyone’s dreams come true. We are very glad that you enjoyed your granddaughter’s wedding so much and look forward to seeing you again sometime.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was the worst meal I have ever had put down in front of me. A little piece of beef ?, nasty scallops and dry rice. First time ever I refused to eat the meal. Must say the pizza at the bar was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lobcarl
Connie R, General Manager at Samoset Resort On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear lobcarl,

I regret your individual experience did not match that of the other attendees at the 39th annual Maine Fishermen's Forum. We received overwhelming positive feedback concerning this year's event, including many specific accolades about the meals offered to the attendees.

Had you brought your displeasure to any one of our staff's attention when you were here, we would've taken immediate steps address your concerns. Our goal is to consistently exceed our guests' expectations and I apologize if we fell short of the mark in this particular instance. If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

When I checked in at the Samoset in Rockland I was a bit nervous as there was a large convention in progress. I didn't know if we were going to be comfortable with all of the people in the lobbies and food service areas. As I was about to get my room key, the manager, Mr Russell, recognized me from a previous visit and took the time to ask how I had been doing since the last time we were there. It made my wife and I feel quite special given the large amount of people milling about the hotel. He got an attendant to park our car and had our bags brought right to the room. We had a terrific week end, a wonderful meal in the hotel restaurant and even saw the Governor for the State of Maine wandering down one of the halls discussing business with one of the delegations present that day. How cool is that? The view from our room was spectacular. We are planning a summer vacation on the Maine coast and will certainly stay at the Samoset again. Frederick Pooler

2  Thank fpdurango

Dear fpdurango,

It was my personal pleasure to recognize you and your wife during check-in and welcome you back to the Samoset. We were very busy and I am pleased to know the 39th annual Maine Fishermen’s Forum simply added to your enjoyment of visiting with us. We look forward to seeing you again during your summer visit.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My son's hockey team stayed at the Samoset over the weekend during a tournament. 17 rambunctious, energetic, mini-hockey playing kids can get loud and bothersome (and so can their parents). Samoset moved the kids to their own banquet room for playing mini-hockey, and gave the parents their own room to congregate and socialize. The rooms were impeccably clean, well decorated, despite the slightly aging décor and building. Staff was so kind, helpful, and accommodating. Would highly recommend.

Dear Beth R,

We are glad to read howyou and your “rambunctious, energetic, mini-hockey” group enjoyed your stay with us during one of our hockey tournament weekends. Sounds like everyone had a lot of fun! We look forward to seeing you return next year.

Cornelius J. Russell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Grand Harbor Inn
Rockland Harbor Hotel
Rockland Harbor Hotel
#1 of 3 in Rockland
The Country Inn at Camden / Rockport

Been to Samoset Resort On The Ocean? Share your experiences!