“Understaffed”
Review of Denny's - CLOSED

Denny's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The food was just what you expect at a Denny's. It was fine and reasonable. The day we were there someone had called in sick. Our poor waitress was covering the whole place by herself with little assistance from what we found out was the manager. Hats off to the waitress

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We ate there, Denny's in Rockport...bad choice. It was empty, should have been the first sign. The waitress was snippy. She was rude in her tone when she told my daughter she needed to "speak-up". She is quiet, I get that, but there was no need to be rude. Drinks were delivered WITH the food which took a long time. My portions were small and my eggs were cold. My sister had something that should have included cream cheese but it was missing. My dad's skillet came out with a hot pad on it that was disgusting and covered with baked on food. The table right next to us was trashed with half eaten food thrown all over the table and on the floor. We were there just over an hour with only one other table of two people and they never cleaned up the mess. There were three ladies seen, one was our waitress, that stood and talked most of the time. When my dad and I went up to pay he asked to see the manager. Turns out the waitress was the manager (if it was true). When my dad said about the hot pad she claimed it wasn't like that when he got it because they run them through the dishwashing machine. When he mentioned the mess on the table and floor, she said she wished he would've said something sooner because there were three of them just standing around....I had to laugh... that's the whole point! It's one thing to be so busy you can't clean it up, but it's another to just ignore it and assume people are happy to pay money to eat next to old filth! Unreal to me that a manager doesn't get that.

2  Thank 1Glassylady
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We ate there...bad choice. It was empty, should have been the first sign. The waitress was snippy. She was rude in her tone when she told my daughter she needed to "speak-up". She is quiet, I get that, but there was no need to be rude. Drinks were delivered WITH the food which took a long time. My portions were small and my eggs were cold. My sister had something that should have included cream cheese but it was missing. My dad's skillet came out with a hot pad on it that was disgusting and covered with baked on food. The table right next to us was trashed with half eaten food thrown all over the table and on the floor. We were there just over an hour with only one other table of two people and they never cleaned up the mess. There were three ladies seen, one was our waitress, that stood and talked most of the time. When my dad and I went up to pay he asked to see the manager. Turns out the waitress was the manager (if it was true). When my dad said about the hot pad she claimed it wasn't like that when he got it because they run them through the dishwashing machine. When he mentioned the mess on the table and floor, she said she wished he would've said something sooner because there were three of them just standing around....I had to laugh... that's the whole point! It's one thing to be so busy you can't clean it up, but it's another to just ignore it and assume people are happy to pay money to eat next to old filth! Unreal to me that a manager doesn't get that.

1  Thank 1Glassylady
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This Denny's had the best service and food of any Denny's I have ever visited. Usually Denny's restaurants (in Texas) have 1 waiter/waitress to serve the entire restaurant. For this reason we rarely eat at Denny's but are glad we made the exception this time.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Good value for money. We always seek out a Denny's when we are in America. This was no exception, a very good meal. I did struggle a little as I am a vegetarian but the veggie omelet was truly tasty and with toast and potato included, a really filling meal. The caramel coffee was very tasty too. Thoroughly recommended