“A Beautiful Place to Stay!”
Review of Ledges By the Bay

Ledges By the Bay
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I was looking for a stop over on our way to Bar Harbor and back. After much research, I thought this was the best value and the reviews and pictures looked nice. Our flight was late to Portland, so it was dark when we arrived, and I couldn't really see the view. Our first floor room was immaculate and looked like the pictures on their website, so I was very pleased. In the morning, I was amazed at the view even from the first floor. I walked around the property and took pictures of the view from various locations. The grounds are well tended and the flowers were beautiful. The breakfast is mostly pastries. There was freshly made cinnamon coffee cake which was yummy. On our return trip, we had Deluxe King which had an electric fireplace in the corner. It would be very pleasant during colder months. Again, the room was immaculate and this one had an even better view. I would definitely like to return and stay a few days at Ledges.

Room Tip: The Ledges is very convenient to Rockport/Rockland and Camden. There are quite a few good inexpensi...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed here on our way to the Camden Windjammer Festival. I was very impressed on how impeccably clean and maintained the property is. The view is beautiful during sunrise. They have homemade baked goods and great coffee. The only con was the mattress in our room was too lumpy. We will be back!

Reviewed 31 August 2014

This was our first stay at the Ledges By The Bay and we were very pleased with the experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room spacious and clean (and equipped with a Keurig!) with a lovely view of Clam Cove, the landscaping was beautiful and offered many spots to "sit a spell" and the pool was heavenly after a round of golf. They provide a sunny spot for their continental breakfast that overlooks the cove as well as a comfortable and quiet reading room.

As frequent visitors to this area, Ledges On the Bay is now our go-to spot.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This was a great hotel with a beautiful view of the bay. Their property was large enough to walk around. They had a great heated pool. The breakfast was great. The room is a little dated but fine. I would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Friendly staff, clean room, and a really nice view. A few days after our visit I noticed that I had left something behind in the room. I contacted the staff about this. They were helpful, said they had found it and would mail it back to me, which they did. Thank-you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The staff was nice but a bit busy/aloof. The rooms are nice, and amazing view of the ocean. Very comfy quiet hotel. One of the reasons i chose this though was it had a pool and the kids wanted to swim. But when we got to the pool and got in, we found it had the weirdest taste.....must be some strange chlorine they use. Even when it came in contact with your lips while swimming it gave off this nasty bitter taste. and our kids accidently swallowed a bit while horsing around, and they both threw up immediately, that's how nasty the stuff is.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2014

When I drove up to this motel, the realization that it was a cottage struck me as quaint, not exciting. We were then told to go downstairs to the back and around the corner...uh oh. There were no lighted pathways to this little 2 BR apt. style place. It was sparse with mismatched 60's style furniture. The bathtub enamel/paint was chipped. The handheld shower head wouldn't stay positioned in the cradle, so I had to soap up then use the handheld to rinse off. The air conditioner that was situated in the LR was loud and didn't cool the entire place. The 2nd BR was hot and the floor fan didn't cool the room. The rooms were clean though. The staff was friendly. The view was very nice and it was peaceful.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Ledges_1, Owner at Ledges By the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. We do appreciate our guests feedback. My personal apologies that everything wasnt working properly in the room. We do our very best to ensure that everything is in perfect working order before any guest goes into the room. Unfortunately, on a rare occasion, we may miss something. If anything like this ever happens, just let us know and we will immediately come up and fix anything that we have missed. Your input matters to us and we take every suggestion into serious consideration, we will be sure to present your review to our team and we will be taking care of the issues that you had. I am very happy that you thought the room was very clean and that you thought our location and view were great. Thanks so much for the candid response and we look forward to seeing again soon.

Howard Beale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn
Grand Harbor Inn
Grand Harbor Inn
#3 of 10 in Camden
The Country Inn at Camden / Rockport

Been to Ledges By the Bay? Share your experiences!