I was looking for a stop over on our way to Bar Harbor and back. After much research, I thought this was the best value and the reviews and pictures looked nice. Our flight was late to Portland, so it was dark when we arrived, and I couldn't really see the view. Our first floor room was immaculate and looked like the pictures on their website, so I was very pleased. In the morning, I was amazed at the view even from the first floor. I walked around the property and took pictures of the view from various locations. The grounds are well tended and the flowers were beautiful. The breakfast is mostly pastries. There was freshly made cinnamon coffee cake which was yummy. On our return trip, we had Deluxe King which had an electric fireplace in the corner. It would be very pleasant during colder months. Again, the room was immaculate and this one had an even better view. I would definitely like to return and stay a few days at Ledges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 miles south of Camden and set a top a small ledge overlooking Penobscot Bay, the Ledges is a classic Maine motel with panoramic ocean views. The property is nestled at the foot of a cove on 9 oceanfront acres with 900 feet of shoreline. Our hillside location overlooking the bay offers guests the perfect vantage point to spot tall-masted schooners, sleek yachts cruising the bay, and lobster boats hauling traps right off our shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Ledges By the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ledges By The Bay Hotel Rockport
- Ledges By The Bay Rockport, Maine